Translation of animate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈænəmeɪt; ˈænɪmeɪt/
- 1.1 (enliven) animarExample sentences1.2 [Cinema/Cine] [cartoons/drawings] animar
- His inspired perspective has animated prophets and artists and dreamers down through the centuries.
- It is the breath of life and the inward light that animates the human body and inspires the human soul.
- Perhaps it is hardships and the thrill of risk that animate life most fully, and perhaps it is freedom that binds.
- Most people know Disney's Snow White as the first animated feature film.
- In some ways Pocahontas is a natural extension of previous Disney animated films like The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.
- I liked Tarzan, but there hasn't been a truly great Disney animated film that didn't come from Pixar since The Lion King.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.