Translation of announce in Spanish:
- 1(event/marriage/arrival)we regret to announce …
anunciarlamentamos tener que anunciar …has our flight been announced yet?¿han anunciado ya nuestro vuelo?the mayor will announce the winnerel alcalde dará a conocer el nombre del ganadora fanfare announced the Queen's arrivaluna fanfarria anunció la llegada de la reinaExample sentences
- The butler announced the arrival of the Archers' dinner guests for that evening.
- We're going to be announcing some special guests - is that enough of a clue?
- Today, for example, I had to announce a guest conductor - the esteemed Henry Chas.
- Normally this happens at a regional airport after they've announced your flight has been delayed for a few hours.
- Even though the speaker system was obviously working so well, the destination station was not announced.
- They announce the next station, and the train begins to slow down.
- 2 (declare) I'm leaving, he announced— me voy —anuncióExample sentences
- This is his fifth and final World Cup, as he has announced his retirement and intention to spend more time with family.
- Confirmation of this fact was announced by the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources.
- When the Crown Office announced the move, its statement failed to declare the men's innocence.
- 3(guest)please announce yourself at reception when you arrive
anunciartenga la bondad de presentarse en recepción al llegar
- 5(American English) (Radio, Television)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.