Translation of announce in Spanish:
- 1.1(event/marriage/arrival)we regret to announce …has our flight been announced yet?lamentamos tener que anunciar …the mayor will announce the winner¿han anunciado ya nuestro vuelo?a fanfare announced the Queen's arrivalel alcalde dará a conocer el nombre del ganadoruna fanfarria anunció la llegada de la reinaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (declare) I'm leaving, he announced
- The butler announced the arrival of the Archers' dinner guests for that evening.
- We're going to be announcing some special guests - is that enough of a clue?
- Today, for example, I had to announce a guest conductor - the esteemed Henry Chas.
1.3— me voy —anunció(guest)please announce yourself at reception when you arrive1.4 (foretell) black clouds announced raintenga la bondad de presentarse en recepción al llegar1.5nubarrones anunciaban lluvia(American English) (Radio, Television)
- Normally this happens at a regional airport after they've announced your flight has been delayed for a few hours.
- Even though the speaker system was obviously working so well, the destination station was not announced.
- They announce the next station, and the train begins to slow down.
- 1.1 (Radio, Television)she announces on the Voice of America1.2 (declare candidacy) (American English) (Politics)to announce (es locutora de la Voice of America
forsomething)he announced for the presidencyanunciar su ( or mi etc) candidatura ( aalgo)anunció su candidatura a la presidenciaExample sentences
- This is his fifth and final World Cup, as he has announced his retirement and intention to spend more time with family.
- Confirmation of this fact was announced by the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources.
- When the Crown Office announced the move, its statement failed to declare the men's innocence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.