Translation of announce in Spanish:
- 1.1(event/marriage/arrival)we regret to announce …
anunciarlamentamos tener que anunciar …has our flight been announced yet?¿han anunciado ya nuestro vuelo?the mayor will announce the winnerel alcalde dará a conocer el nombre del ganadora fanfare announced the Queen's arrivaluna fanfarria anunció la llegada de la reinaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (declare) I'm leaving, he announced
- The butler announced the arrival of the Archers' dinner guests for that evening.
- We're going to be announcing some special guests - is that enough of a clue?
- Today, for example, I had to announce a guest conductor - the esteemed Henry Chas.
— me voy —anunció1.3(guest)please announce yourself at reception when you arrive
- Normally this happens at a regional airport after they've announced your flight has been delayed for a few hours.
- Even though the speaker system was obviously working so well, the destination station was not announced.
- They announce the next station, and the train begins to slow down.
anunciartenga la bondad de presentarse en recepción al llegar1.4 (foretell) black clouds announced rainnubarrones anunciaban lluvia1.5(American English) (Radio, Television)
- 1.1 (Radio, Television)she announces on the Voice of Americaes locutora de la Voice of America1.2 (declare candidacy) (American English) (Politics)to announce (
forsomething)anunciar su ( or mi etc) candidatura (he announced for the presidency aalgo)anunció su candidatura a la presidenciaExample sentences
- This is his fifth and final World Cup, as he has announced his retirement and intention to spend more time with family.
- Confirmation of this fact was announced by the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources.
- When the Crown Office announced the move, its statement failed to declare the men's innocence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.