noun/nombre(British English/inglés británico)
- 1 [Clothing/Indumentaria] anorak (masculine)More example sentences
- A fine drizzle had developed, so I wore my waterproof anorak and pulled the hood up to keep from getting too wet.
- Particularly important are a windproof jacket, or anorak, with hood or hat and a stout pair of walking boots or shoes as they may have to cross some rough ground to see the best wildlife.
- As my sister distracted the guards, I pulled up the hood from my anorak and quickly disappeared into the large crowd.
- 2 (person) [colloquial/familiar] obsesivo, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
- I'm a bit of a comedy anorak really.
- My children think I'm a bit of an anorak, but I enjoy it.
- He's a bit of an anorak, but he's got some nice ideas.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.