- 1 [Clothing] anorak (m)More example sentences
- A fine drizzle had developed, so I wore my waterproof anorak and pulled the hood up to keep from getting too wet.
- Particularly important are a windproof jacket, or anorak, with hood or hat and a stout pair of walking boots or shoes as they may have to cross some rough ground to see the best wildlife.
- As my sister distracted the guards, I pulled up the hood from my anorak and quickly disappeared into the large crowd.
- 2 (person) [colloquial/familiar] obsesivo, -va (m,f)More example sentences
- I'm a bit of a comedy anorak really.
- My children think I'm a bit of an anorak, but I enjoy it.
- He's a bit of an anorak, but he's got some nice ideas.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.