Translation of another in Spanish:
- 1 (different, alternative) that is another mattereso es otra cuestión or cosaI can't make it this weekend; another time, perhaps?este fin de semana no puedo, quizá(s) en otra ocasiónif you lose this job, you'll never get another onesi pierdes este trabajo, no volverás a encontrar otroanother one of us/themotro de nosotros/ellosyou're confusing him with another friend of minelo confundes con otro amigo mío
- 2 (in addition)(plural)another cup?
otros (otras)¿otra taza?we need another three chairsnos hacen falta otras tres sillas or tres sillas másI've never seen another car quite like itnunca he visto un coche igualhe could be another Picassopodría ser otro Picassoonly another ten miles to gosolo faltan diez millasthere's room for another few hereaquí caben unos pocos másit's just another jobes un trabajo como cualquier otro or como otro cualquierawe've hit yet another problemnos hemos topado con otro problema (más)
nos hemos vuelto a topar con un problema
- 1 (different, alternative) he says one thing and does anotherdice una cosa y hace otraall these youngsters have, at one time or another, been in trouble with the policetodos estos chicos han tenido, en algún momento, problemas con la policíaExample sentences
- It is one thing to be out of the loop, quite another to have a different circle of thought altogether.
- It is one thing to read of life on board his ship; it is quite another to live it.
- We always got it right for the indoors but for one reason or another it never quite worked outdoors.
- 2 (in addition) would you like another?¿quieres otro/otra?another of us/them has been chosenhan elegido a otro de nosotros/ellosExample sentences
- It is yet another of the many enigmas which surround this extraordinary building.
- And this despite the fact that yet another of the bombs was at the end of the road on which we work.
- After my shower I sat down to the piano and fumbled through another of those old songs we used to sing.
- 3 (person) I love another [literary]amo a otro/a otraExample sentences
- Mrs Hunt says financial reasons prompted her to share her eggs with another woman.
- As long as I didn't have to share a room with another alkie and the telly was in English.
- Theo had just had his lunch when I visited him in the room he shared with another man.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.