Translation of another in Spanish:
- 1.1 (different, alternative)that is another matterotro, (otra)I can't make it this weekend; another time, perhaps?eso es otra cuestión or cosaif you lose this job, you'll never get another oneeste fin de semana no puedo, quizá(s) en otra ocasiónanother one of us/themsi pierdes este trabajo, no volverás a encontrar otroyou're confusing him with another friend of mineotro de nosotros/ellos1.2 (in addition)lo confundes con otro amigo míootro, (otra)(plural)another cup?otros, (otras)we need another three chairs¿otra taza?I've never seen another car quite like itnos hacen falta otras tres sillas or tres sillas máshe could be another Picassonunca he visto un coche igualonly another ten miles to gopodría ser otro Picassothere's room for another few heresolo faltan diez millasit's just another jobaquí caben unos pocos máswe've hit yet another problemes un trabajo como cualquier otro or como otro cualquieranos hemos topado con otro problema (más)nos hemos vuelto a topar con un problema
- 1.1 (different, alternative)he says one thing and does anotherotro, (otra)all these youngsters have, at one time or another, been in trouble with the policedice una cosa y hace otra1.2 (in addition)todos estos chicos han tenido, en algún momento, problemas con la policíawould you like another?otro, (otra)another of us/them has been chosen¿quieres otro/otra?han elegido a otro de nosotros/ellosExample sentences1.3 (person)
I love another [literary]otro, (otra)amo a otro/a otraExample sentences
- It is yet another of the many enigmas which surround this extraordinary building.
- And this despite the fact that yet another of the bombs was at the end of the road on which we work.
- After my shower I sat down to the piano and fumbled through another of those old songs we used to sing.
- Mrs Hunt says financial reasons prompted her to share her eggs with another woman.
- As long as I didn't have to share a room with another alkie and the telly was in English.
- Theo had just had his lunch when I visited him in the room he shared with another man.
- It is one thing to be out of the loop, quite another to have a different circle of thought altogether.
- It is one thing to read of life on board his ship; it is quite another to live it.
- We always got it right for the indoors but for one reason or another it never quite worked outdoors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.