Translation of answer in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (reply) what was their answer?there's no answer (to doorbell, phone)¿qué respondieron or contestaron?¿cuál fue su respuesta or contestación?answerno contestan
tosomething(to question/letter/accusation)in answer to your letterrespuesta aalgoin answer to your questionen relación con or con relación a su cartaI can't get an answer out of himpara contestar tu preguntaen repuesta a tu preguntaby way of (an) answerno consigo que me dé una respuesta or contestaciónhe's got an answer for everything!como toda or por toda respuestathe answer to a maiden's prayer [humorous]¡tiene una respuesta para todo!to be the answer to somebody's prayersun príncipe azulto know all the answers [colloquial]llegar como caído del cieloyou think you know all the answers, don't you?saberlo todo1.2 (response)answer (¿tú qué te crees? ¿que lo sabes todo? tosomething)her answer to his rudeness was to ignore itBritain's answer to Elvis Presleyrespondió a su grosería ignorándolael Elvis Presley británicoExample sentences1.3 (plea) (Law)
- How can these people give anything but the expected answers in such situations?
- The short answer is that this situation really has nothing to do with you.
- He was unprepared and without an answer, and the situation suddenly seemed awkward.
- 2 2.1 (in exam, test, quiz) the answer is 2102.2 (solution) violence is not the answerla respuesta or solución es 210there's only one answer: we'll have to sell the carla violencia no es la soluciónanswersolo tenemos una solución: vender el coche
tosomethingthe answer to all their problemssolución (feminine) dealgola solución de todos sus problemasExample sentences
- The smallpox dilemma has no simple answers, and making the correct decision may, literally, be a matter of life and death.
- I wish I could conclude this column with a conclusion, but there are no easy answers or solutions.
- There are no miracle solutions, no magical answers, no easy everybody-wins way out.
- Just answer the following question and write your answer on a postcard.
- She wrote ridiculous answers on a history test so she would get an F.
- Dyslexic people get more time, as they find it more difficult to read the question and write the answer.
- I loved the extra cross references, summaries, and test questions complete with the correct answers.
- This test gives you the correct answers after each question and teaches the tricks for answering smarter on the next test!
- Players are then tasked to pick the correct answer from a list of four potential solutions.
- 1 1.1 (reply to)(person/letter)answer your father when he's speaking to you!we must answer their letter¡contéstale a tu padre cuando te habla!I can't answer your questiontenemos que contestar (a) su cartaif they ask me where you are, what shall I answer?no puedo contestar (a) su preguntabecause it's too far, she answeredsi me preguntan dónde estás, ¿qué contesto?1.2 will you answer the door?—porque está muy lejos —contestó or respondió¿vas tú (a abrir)?Example sentences1.3
(critic/criticism)responder aExample sentences
- Over the two weeks, she will answer knocks to her door and allow people to handle the relic and pray in her house.
- I knocked and knocked, and nobody answered the door.
- He rang the bell, waiting only seconds before the housekeeper answered the door.
- He was hauled before the Board of Control to answer charges over his behaviour.
- A warrant for his arrest was issued yesterday after he failed to attend court on Friday to answer a new charge of shoplifting.
- He was found to be unfit to answer charges because he was suffering from a brain-wasting disease.
- When nobody answered, he wrote on the board ‘unfair treatment’.
- ‘Well, Jason, it seems as if Miss Anders was one of the apartment owners,’ he answered, writing my name down on the pad of paper.
- That was a bit funny, and it was interesting to see people's reactions when she answered all the questions that were being thrown at her.
- As well as being a fascinating read, it is also a fantastic source of general knowledge and a great help in answering quiz questions and solving crossword puzzles.
- Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly.
- I got exempted from a quiz just for answering a question and then in math, we were going to have a chapter test, but the teacher told us that she thought we were all ready to move on.
- 2 2.1(need)their prayers were answered2.2 (fit) See examples: to answer (to) a descriptionel cielo escuchó sus plegariashe saw a woman answering (to) that descriptionresponder a una descripción2.3 (Nautical)to answer the helmvio a una mujer que respondía a esa descripciónobedecer al timónExample sentences
- Freight transport by inland waterways is particularly suitable to answer Russia's needs.
- It answers their need for an excuse to go straight, while not at the same time surrendering to the morality of a society they believe has wronged them deeply.
- Literary translation, especially of the great works of the past, never answers a pressing need, nor is it a competitive activity.
- 1verb + adverb 1.1 (rudely)
- 1.1 (accept responsibility for)
- 1.1 (be accountable) See examples:to answer to somebody (
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the