Translation of antecedent in Spanish:
- 1.1 (precursor, forerunner) antecedente (masculine), precursor, (masculine, feminine) 1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [Philos] antecedente (masculine)Example sentences
- It traces the historical antecedents to freed people's intense desire to become literate and demonstrates how the visions of enslaved African Americans emerged into plans and action once slavery ended.
- There are literary and historical antecedents to this book, too.
- Pundits have searched for literary antecedents to this creature.
- Plural pronouns with nominally singular antecedents like ‘everyone’ have been a major battlefield in the grammar wars.
- Because they are free of antecedents, such clauses are sometimes called independent or free relative clauses.
- He thinks the word ‘everyone’ is singular, so it can't be the antecedent of a third person plural pronoun like ‘they’ or ‘their’.
- Obedience to a hypothetical imperative is always obedience to the condition expressed in its antecedent.
- If the antecedent of a conditional is false, the statement is always true!
- ‘If lying is wrong, then he will lie,’ has an antecedent whose embedded content is the same as a statement predicating the property on which the speakers moral disapproval supervenes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the