Translation of antedate in Spanish:
ser anterior a
preceder a(building/manuscript)it antedates the Napoleonic era
datar de un período anterior aes anterior a la época napoleónicait antedated Modernism by 50 years
data de un período anterior a la época napoleónicafue 50 años anterior al modernismoExample sentences
- The conflict that the book is about can also be interpreted as a conflict not between Islam and Christianity but between Europe and Afro-Asia whose origin antedates the rise of Islam.
- THE PRACTICE OF land-value taxation is deeply rooted in Danish history, going back at least to the reign of Valdemar the Great, and possibly even antedating the Viking king, Sven Forkbeard.
- This technique recalls medieval recipes antedating the invention of the pudding cloth.
- More than 300 words and phrases are being examined, with OED researchers hoping to antedate them (find an earlier use) or postdate them (find a recent example to prove a word is still in use).
- He was later tried for having antedated a consulting bill, but was acquitted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.