Translation of antedate in Spanish:
- (event)ser anterior aanteceder apreceder a(building/manuscript)it antedates the Napoleonic eradatar de un período anterior ait antedated Modernism by 50 yearses anterior a la época napoleónicadata de un período anterior a la época napoleónicafue 50 años anterior al modernismoExample sentences
- The conflict that the book is about can also be interpreted as a conflict not between Islam and Christianity but between Europe and Afro-Asia whose origin antedates the rise of Islam.
- THE PRACTICE OF land-value taxation is deeply rooted in Danish history, going back at least to the reign of Valdemar the Great, and possibly even antedating the Viking king, Sven Forkbeard.
- This technique recalls medieval recipes antedating the invention of the pudding cloth.
- More than 300 words and phrases are being examined, with OED researchers hoping to antedate them (find an earlier use) or postdate them (find a recent example to prove a word is still in use).
- He was later tried for having antedated a consulting bill, but was acquitted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the