Translation of anthem in Spanish:
- 1 (song)Example sentences
- The Last Night of the Proms tomorrow has dropped some of the rousing anthems associated with it, including Rule, Britannia!
- And where his songs were once communal anthems for misfits everywhere, his writing is now so coldly inward-gazing that it excludes the interests of everyone but Morrissey.
- The song has become an anthem for the school so I am delighted that it has made it to the final of this competition.
- The Czech anthem is a more solemn affair.
- In recent years, the national anthem has lost its patriotic air in most sports venues.
- As prayers were said, hymns were sung and the national anthems of both Britain and America were played, there was a tinge of sadness in the air because it is likely that this could have been the last such service.
- 2 (Religion)Example sentences
- Like his father, Alfonso the younger was well known as a composer of church music, writing English anthems for the Anglican Church as well as motets to Latin words.
- Kendal Choral opens proceedings by singing five anthems in the Anglican church tradition starting with the 16th century and concluding in the present.
- Other works include The Nativity for soprano and orchestra, sacred choral anthems, hymn preludes for organ and works for trumpet and organ.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.