Translation of anticipate in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (expect) the police do not anticipate violencela policía no prevé actos de violenciaI don't anticipate any problemsno creo que vaya a haber ningún problemait was more difficult than anticipatedresultó más difícil de lo que se había previsto or de lo que se esperabato anticipate
-ingtener previsto +we don't anticipate making any major changes infinitiveno tenemos previsto hacer ningún cambio importante1.2 (look forward to) an eagerly anticipated eventun acontecimiento esperado con ansiedadExample sentences
- This should draw a huge crowd to O'Hara Park as the clash will be eagerly awaited and anticipated by players, fans and supporters alike of both teams.
- He spent his early years basking in the glow of late-night radio, listening to big-band jazz blasting live from hotels across London and eagerly anticipating the next hot chorus.
- Carl and Kim had been eagerly anticipating the birth after Kim, a 33-year-old insurance account executive, discovered she was pregnant last year.
- 2 2.1 (foresee and act accordingly)(movements/objections/needs)I anticipated the blow
prevervi venir el golpeExample sentences
Example sentences2.2 (preempt)
- Argyle said it's just what was anticipated when long-range forecasts predicted up to 10 days without significant rain for most of the province.
- Formal orders in this regard are anticipated in a day or so.
- Given what is at stake the winners can anticipate a probable quarter-final against Wales.
anticiparse athey anticipated us by publishing their version first
- The basis of the case I had prepared neither required nor anticipated such witness attendance and perhaps with hindsight I should have walked away at this stage.
- And so we are prepared to anticipate those requests.
- Of course we had anticipated this, had prepared Lucky for Stone's questions.
adelantarse ase nos anticiparon or adelantaron publicando antes su versión
- 3 3.1(income/inheritance)
gastar de antemano(command)3.2 (be precursor of)
anticiparse or adelantarse aanticiparse aExample sentences
- While he professed a disdain for pure theory, Giblin anticipated some elements of the relationship between trade, national income, and employment that informed Keynesian economics.
- His theory of imperialism anticipated European unification and contradictions associated today with globalization of production and markets.
- Bolzano's theories of mathematical infinity anticipated Georg Cantor's theory of infinite sets.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.