Translation of anxious in Spanish:
- 1.1 (worried) preocupado, inquietoto be anxious
about/ forsth I'm rather anxious about her health su salud me tiene algo preocupada, estoy algo preocupada por su salud I was anxious for their safety when I heard the news cuando oí la noticia me preocupé or inquieté por ellosExample sentences1.2 (worrying) [time/moment] (lleno) de preocupación
Example sentences1.3 (eager) deseoso, ansiosoto be anxious to +
- There is actually another group of people who are much more anxious about the outcome than any of the above.
- Now they are also edgy, anxious, fearful, often depressed and undeniably kinder.
- His anxious relatives are desperate for reassurance that he is safe.
- We had a bit of an anxious moment while we looked for the area, only to happily discover it was just north of our turnoff to the east.
- However her supporters had some anxious moments before they collected their winnings.
- They began stringing the ball about in a confident fashion not witnessed during the anxious moments late last year.
infinitive/infinitivohe's very anxious to please tiene mucho afán de agradar anxious to please, he offered to cook dinner deseoso de agradar, se ofreció a hacer la cena my parents are anxious to meet you mis padres están deseando conocerte or están ansiosos por conocerteto be anxious thatwe are anxious that there should be no delay no queremos por nada del mundo que haya ningún retrasoExample sentences
- You can't look up anymore, only down at the ground, anxious to avoid a similar encounter.
- Both are anxious to avoid a house price and consumer spending crash.
- As children, when my brother Bob and I were anxious to avoid doing our homework, we'd fly round to her house.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.