Translation of anxious in Spanish:
- 1.1 (worried) to be anxious
about/ forsomethingI'm rather anxious about her healthsu salud me tiene algo preocupadaI was anxious for their safety when I heard the news
estoy algo preocupada por su saludcuando oí la noticia me preocupé or inquieté por ellosExample sentences1.2 (worrying)
- There is actually another group of people who are much more anxious about the outcome than any of the above.
- Now they are also edgy, anxious, fearful, often depressed and undeniably kinder.
- His anxious relatives are desperate for reassurance that he is safe.
(lleno) de preocupaciónExample sentences1.3 (eager) to be anxious to +
- We had a bit of an anxious moment while we looked for the area, only to happily discover it was just north of our turnoff to the east.
- However her supporters had some anxious moments before they collected their winnings.
- They began stringing the ball about in a confident fashion not witnessed during the anxious moments late last year.
infinitivehe's very anxious to pleasetiene mucho afán de agradaranxious to please, he offered to cook dinnerdeseoso de agradar, se ofreció a hacer la cenamy parents are anxious to meet youmis padres están deseando conocerte or están ansiosos por conocerteto be anxious thatwe are anxious that there should be no delayno queremos por nada del mundo que haya ningún retrasoExample sentences
- You can't look up anymore, only down at the ground, anxious to avoid a similar encounter.
- Both are anxious to avoid a house price and consumer spending crash.
- As children, when my brother Bob and I were anxious to avoid doing our homework, we'd fly round to her house.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.