Translation of apogee in Spanish:
- 1.1 (peak)Example sentences1.2 (Aerospace, Astronomy)
- Perhaps the apogee of the anti-globalisation movement came during the Group of Eight Meeting in Genoa in the third week of July, when some 300,000 people marched in the face of police tear-gas attacks.
- If the United States, the richest country in the world at the apogee of its own wealth, does not take the lead, the rest of the world will not follow.
- ‘The Oscars are the apogee of the awards season - after that, no one is interested,’ said one UK distributor.
- As the satellite rose up to the apogee of its orbit, the particle counts rose steadily until they reached the highest level, stayed at the maximum for a while, and then abruptly dropped to zero.
- A few taps on the pocket calculator show that the Moon's speed in its geocentric orbit is around 2,300 miles per hour, although variable between perigee and apogee.
- And later on when we once again stepped out into the night air, the three-quarter moon was past its apogee.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.