n (pl -gies)
- 1 1.1 (expression of regret) (often pl) disculpa (f), excusa (f) please accept my apologies le ruego me disculpe to offer one's apologies disculparse, excusarse [formal], presentar sus ( or mis etc) disculpas or excusas [formal] Jim sends his apologies, but he can't come Jim ha dicho que lo siente mucho pero no puede venir I think I owe you an apology creo que le debo una disculpa to make no apology for sth I make no apology for bringing up the subject no tengo ningún reparo en sacar el tema a colación I make no apology for my remarks no me arrepiento de lo que dijeMore example sentences1.2 (for not attending meeting) (BrE) apologies from J Brown J Brown envía sus excusas por no poder asistir
- Have been severely incapacitated by latest pregnancy symptoms so apologies for absence.
- Other councillors, who were unable to attend, sent their apologies and offered their support.
- At the February meeting of the Association three new members were welcomed and despite some apologies the meeting was very well attended.
- 2 2.1 (poor specimen)apology
forsth it's an apology for a team es un remedo de equipo an apology for a marriage una farsa de matrimonio 2.2apologiaMore example sentences
- It is all very well to talk about Pub City and Fun City, but it all happens in this poor apology of a downtown, a very long way off from the workplace that gets longer by the day with every additional vehicle they buy.
- Its American cousin makes a poor apology for a nest, it is true, merely a loose bundle or platform of sticks, as flimsily put together as a dove's nest.
- But in this sorry apology for a summer, show day on Sunday dawned with glorious sunshine and warm temperatures.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.