Translation of apology in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -gies)
- 1 1.1 (expression of regret) (often plural/frecuentemente plural) disculpa (feminine), excusa (feminine) please accept my apologies le ruego me disculpe to offer one's apologies disculparse, excusarse [formal], presentar sus ( or mis etc) disculpas or excusas [formal] Jim sends his apologies, but he can't come Jim ha dicho que lo siente mucho pero no puede venir I think I owe you an apology creo que le debo una disculpa to make no apology for sth I make no apology for bringing up the subject no tengo ningún reparo en sacar el tema a colación I make no apology for my remarks no me arrepiento de lo que dijeExample sentences1.2 (for not attending meeting) (British English/inglés británico) apologies from J Brown J Brown envía sus excusas por no poder asistir
- Have been severely incapacitated by latest pregnancy symptoms so apologies for absence.
- Other councillors, who were unable to attend, sent their apologies and offered their support.
- At the February meeting of the Association three new members were welcomed and despite some apologies the meeting was very well attended.
- 2 2.1 (poor specimen)apology
forsth it's an apology for a team es un remedo de equipo an apology for a marriage una farsa de matrimonio 2.2apologiaExample sentences
- It is all very well to talk about Pub City and Fun City, but it all happens in this poor apology of a downtown, a very long way off from the workplace that gets longer by the day with every additional vehicle they buy.
- Its American cousin makes a poor apology for a nest, it is true, merely a loose bundle or platform of sticks, as flimsily put together as a dove's nest.
- But in this sorry apology for a summer, show day on Sunday dawned with glorious sunshine and warm temperatures.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.