Translation of appear in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (come into view, present oneself) he never appears until the meal is on the tablehe hasn't appeared in public for the last yearnunca aparece or se presenta hasta que la comida está servidahe suddenly appeared from behind the doordesde hace un año no aparece en públicode pronto salió de detrás de la puertaExample sentences
- The supervisors or any other voter would never notice this fraud since no visible sign would appear.
- From time to time as a gap in the trees appears I catch sight of this glistening stretch of cobalt blue water below.
- Around one corner, a hundred goats suddenly appeared, in no apparent hurry to let us by.
- They wait over 21 years for one to arrive and two appear in the same season.
- A few minutes after Steph and Lewis arrived, Josh appeared at the downstairs door.
- He appears on the scene of action ready for battle on the appointed day, and there he meets others like himself, brought up by the same summons.
tosomebodythe Virgin had appeared to themaparecérsele aalguien1.3 (become apparent) cracks started to appear on the wallsse les había aparecido la Virgen1.4 (be found, seen)empezaron a aparecer or a salir grietas en las paredes
- 2 (seem) the questions didn't appear difficultthat's how he appears to a lot of peoplelas preguntas no parecían difícilesit appears as though o as if we're expectedesa es la impresión que le da a mucha gentewe're expected to win, it appearsparece que nos esperanthey've arrived — so it appears o so it would appearsegún parece, se espera que ganemosso she's not leaving — it appears not o it would appear nothan llegado — eso pareceto appear to +así que no se va — parecería que no
infinitiveshe appeared to be busyparecer + infinitivehe appeared to have understoodparecía (estar) ocupadaeveryone appears to be herepareció haber entendidodio la impresión de que había entendidowe appear to be lostparece que ya está aquí todo el mundothis would appear to be what happenedparece que nos hemos perdidothere appears to be some misunderstandingparecería que esto fue lo que pasówhat appears to be the trouble?parecería que hay un malentendidoit appears¿cuál es el problema? thatit appears that she was the only one not to knowit appears from the report that …parece ser que era la única que no lo sabíait now appears that he was lyingdel informe se desprende que …it appears to me that we're wasting our timeahora resulta que estaba mintiendothat's how it appeared to hertengo la impresión de que or me parece que estamos perdiendo el tiempoeso fue lo que le pareció a ellaesa fue la impresión que le dio a ellaExample sentences
- My own impression is that it appears as from another planet and does nothing to put the heart or soul back in the centre of Bradford.
- It appears unlikely at this stage and it is difficult to imagine him wanting to inhabit the rather obsessive world that managers must live in.
- It appears unlikely that the referees will have enough support to force the meeting which will mean a continuation of the dispute.
- 3 (be published) to appear in printpublicarseExample sentences
- This is the case with variables 2 and 4, whose scatter diagram appears in Figure 11.9.
- Likewise, the cross that appears in a figure's hand is out of his own hand.
- In fact, this particular phrase appears in other parts of both documents.
- 4 (on television)(Theater)he has appeared on television many timesshe's currently appearing on Broadwayha salido muchas veces en or por televisiónha aparecido muchas veces en televisiónshe appeared as Cinderellaactualmente está actuando en Broadwayhizo el papel de CenicientaExample sentences
- She added that she would be consulting a solicitor about possible legal action if it were found that she had appeared on film.
- Other members of the public appear throughout the film, in walkthrough roles in pubs, buses and streets.
- They appeared on a microbudget Granada show, filmed in their own homes.
- 5 (Law) 5.1(defendant)to appear before a magistrateshe's appearing on a charge of murdercomparecer ante un juez5.2comparece acusada de asesinato(lawyer)to appear for the prosecution/defensecomparecer por la acusación/la defensaExample sentences
- I appeared in Worthing Magistrates court when Jack was given unconditional bail and told these facts to the court and the magistrate.
- He'd never appeared in the Supreme Court and he came into this case very, very late.
- Although the matter has been called today, she has not appeared in the Court.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.