Translation of appear in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (come into view, present oneself) he never appears until the meal is on the tablenunca aparece or se presenta hasta que la comida está servidahe hasn't appeared in public for the last yeardesde hace un año no aparece en públicohe suddenly appeared from behind the doorde pronto salió de detrás de la puertaExample sentences
- The supervisors or any other voter would never notice this fraud since no visible sign would appear.
- From time to time as a gap in the trees appears I catch sight of this glistening stretch of cobalt blue water below.
- Around one corner, a hundred goats suddenly appeared, in no apparent hurry to let us by.
- They wait over 21 years for one to arrive and two appear in the same season.
- A few minutes after Steph and Lewis arrived, Josh appeared at the downstairs door.
- He appears on the scene of action ready for battle on the appointed day, and there he meets others like himself, brought up by the same summons.
tosomebodyaparecérselethe Virgin had appeared to them aalguiense les había aparecido la Virgen1.3 (become apparent) cracks started to appear on the wallsempezaron a aparecer or a salir grietas en las paredes1.4 (be found, seen)
- 2 (seem) the questions didn't appear difficultlas preguntas no parecían difícilesthat's how he appears to a lot of peopleesa es la impresión que le da a mucha genteit appears as though o as if we're expectedparece que nos esperanwe're expected to win, it appearssegún parece, se espera que ganemosthey've arrived — so it appears o so it would appearhan llegado — eso pareceso she's not leaving — it appears not o it would appear notasí que no se va — parecería que noto appear to +
infinitiveparecer +she appeared to be busy infinitiveparecía (estar) ocupadahe appeared to have understoodpareció haber entendidoeveryone appears to be here
dio la impresión de que había entendidoparece que ya está aquí todo el mundowe appear to be lostparece que nos hemos perdidothis would appear to be what happenedparecería que esto fue lo que pasóthere appears to be some misunderstandingparecería que hay un malentendidowhat appears to be the trouble?¿cuál es el problema?it appears
thatit appears that she was the only one not to knowparece ser que era la única que no lo sabíait appears from the report that …del informe se desprende que …it now appears that he was lyingahora resulta que estaba mintiendoit appears to me that we're wasting our timetengo la impresión de que or me parece que estamos perdiendo el tiempothat's how it appeared to hereso fue lo que le pareció a ella
esa fue la impresión que le dio a ellaExample sentences
- My own impression is that it appears as from another planet and does nothing to put the heart or soul back in the centre of Bradford.
- It appears unlikely at this stage and it is difficult to imagine him wanting to inhabit the rather obsessive world that managers must live in.
- It appears unlikely that the referees will have enough support to force the meeting which will mean a continuation of the dispute.
- 3 (be published) to appear in printpublicarseExample sentences
- This is the case with variables 2 and 4, whose scatter diagram appears in Figure 11.9.
- Likewise, the cross that appears in a figure's hand is out of his own hand.
- In fact, this particular phrase appears in other parts of both documents.
- 4 (on television)(Theater)he has appeared on television many times
actuarha salido muchas veces en or por televisiónshe's currently appearing on Broadway
ha aparecido muchas veces en televisiónactualmente está actuando en Broadwayshe appeared as Cinderellahizo el papel de CenicientaExample sentences
- She added that she would be consulting a solicitor about possible legal action if it were found that she had appeared on film.
- Other members of the public appear throughout the film, in walkthrough roles in pubs, buses and streets.
- They appeared on a microbudget Granada show, filmed in their own homes.
- 5 (Law) 5.1(defendant)to appear before a magistrate
comparecercomparecer ante un juezshe's appearing on a charge of murdercomparece acusada de asesinato5.2(lawyer)to appear for the prosecution/defense
comparecercomparecer por la acusación/la defensaExample sentences
- I appeared in Worthing Magistrates court when Jack was given unconditional bail and told these facts to the court and the magistrate.
- He'd never appeared in the Supreme Court and he came into this case very, very late.
- Although the matter has been called today, she has not appeared in the Court.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.