Translation of appellation in Spanish:
- [formal] denominación (feminine)Example sentences
- Beware of people claiming supernatural powers, and of those that try to impress you with pompous titles and appellations.
- He also pointed out the quite strict rules which apply to names, appellations, etc.
- ‘Akishino’ and ‘Nori’ are more formal appellations used only with the titles ‘prince’ or ‘princess’.
- The reason for this appellation was that they were not only called out when fire broke out, but also when any kind of accident occured.
- How useful is this appellation of ‘science’, for it dresses up so much religious indoctrination as ‘secular education’.
- Some, however, felt that appellation would give the Republican ships preeminence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a