- [formal] denominación (f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Beware of people claiming supernatural powers, and of those that try to impress you with pompous titles and appellations.
- He also pointed out the quite strict rules which apply to names, appellations, etc.
- ‘Akishino’ and ‘Nori’ are more formal appellations used only with the titles ‘prince’ or ‘princess’.
- The reason for this appellation was that they were not only called out when fire broke out, but also when any kind of accident occured.
- How useful is this appellation of ‘science’, for it dresses up so much religious indoctrination as ‘secular education’.
- Some, however, felt that appellation would give the Republican ships preeminence.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.