Translation of appliqué in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- (technique) (labor que consiste en hacer aplicaciones o apliques en una tela)(before noun) decorated with appliqué workdecorado con aplicaciones or apliques or apliquésExample sentences
- The sharp points are fine enough for lace, cutwork, appliqué, tailoring and hand needlework.
- Throughout 2004 appliqué and embroidery on clothes and fabrics will be much stronger and more extravagant, yet remain dignified.
- The islands are known for a textile art called tivaevae, practiced by women, which combines appliqué and embroidery.
transitive verb appliqués, appliquéing, appliquéd
- decorar ( or bordar etc. ) con aplicaciones or apliquesExample sentences
- They are made out of felted wool scraps that are appliquéd with a blanket stitch to a wool background.
- As they were repaired, many were appliquéd with coffins, labelled with the names of departed family members.
- The creative, well-crafted articles chosen may include not only bestsellers, such as patchwork vests and embellished sweatshirts, but also local artists' quilts and pillows appliquéd with the town's logo.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.