Translation of appoint in Spanish:
- 1 (name, choose)to appoint somebody (
tosomething)(to post/job/committee)he was appointed to the post for life
nombrar or designar a alguien (
paraalgo)lo nombraron or designaron para el cargo con carácter vitalicioshe was appointed director in 1987fue nombrada directora en 1987Example sentences
- In 1988, he was appointed to the role of divisional director for the group's specialist cars division and in 1992 he was promoted to managing director.
- He was appointed to this promotional role because of his high profile in the community.
- A new board of directors was appointed to oversee the financially-troubled project.
- In my view this document carries greater weight than others cited in the inquiry, for example the Tithe maps because it discharged an express obligation to set out and appoint roads.
- Complaints against decisions pertaining to assemblies shall be filed directly to the Supreme Administrative Court within 3 days of the date of delivery of the decision concerned; unless hindered from doing so by formal obstacles, the Court shall appoint the date of the hearing no later than within 7 days of the date of filing the complaint.
- On a document being tabled, a motion may be moved without notice to appoint a day for its consideration or for it to be printed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.