Translation of apportionment in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of duties, time) distribución (feminine); (of costs) prorrateo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Politics/Política] [ determinación del número de escaños que corresponde proporcionar a cada estado ]
- In our submission, with respect, the approach taken by the Court of Appeal in relation to contributory negligence really gives lip service to the principle that apportionments should not readily be set aside.
- It is, in my opinion, a mistake in law to segregate those two forms of liability - that is tort and contract - and arrive at separate and differing apportionments of liability in respect of them.
- Yet only 13 percent of last year's refugee apportionments were from this region.
- The major reason was the potential loss of House seats during apportionment.
- Redrawing district boundaries has the potential to affect the balance of power in the House more than apportionment.
- In fact we should mention the proportional representation work by him in the 1880s when he considered apportionment of representatives to districts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.