Translation of apportionment in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of duties, time)(of costs)Example sentences1.2
(American English) (Politics) (determinación del número de escaños que corresponde proporcionar a cada estado)Example sentences
- In our submission, with respect, the approach taken by the Court of Appeal in relation to contributory negligence really gives lip service to the principle that apportionments should not readily be set aside.
- It is, in my opinion, a mistake in law to segregate those two forms of liability - that is tort and contract - and arrive at separate and differing apportionments of liability in respect of them.
- Yet only 13 percent of last year's refugee apportionments were from this region.
- The major reason was the potential loss of House seats during apportionment.
- Redrawing district boundaries has the potential to affect the balance of power in the House more than apportionment.
- In fact we should mention the proportional representation work by him in the 1880s when he considered apportionment of representatives to districts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than