Translation of apprehend in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo[formal]
- 1 (arrest) apresar, detener*Example sentences
- Let's remember that we were never apprehended, arrested, charged or deported.
- During the follow-up interviews, one subject admitted that he was apprehended via an arrest warrant.
- According to reports, an off-duty police officer tried to intervene and was struck by the robber before he was apprehended and arrested.
- 2 (become aware of) percibir, darse* cuenta deExample sentences
- He posits that ‘understandings can only be apprehended and appreciated if they are performed by a student’.
- It is only through the force of the emotionally apprehended that he can perceive the world.
- But what controls and regulates feeling will be a wider web of feelings, which reason helps us apprehend and understand, not any reason holding authority over all feelings.
- 3 (anticipate anxiously) temerExample sentences
- He admitted that some people had left the city some time back apprehending communal violence, but there is no such fear now.
- The district administration apprehending trouble immediately clamped curfew in the district.
- Information gathered by them revealed that he was persuaded to cancel his visit today by the state government as it apprehended major controversy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.