- 1 (arrest) apresar, detener*More example sentences
- Let's remember that we were never apprehended, arrested, charged or deported.
- During the follow-up interviews, one subject admitted that he was apprehended via an arrest warrant.
- According to reports, an off-duty police officer tried to intervene and was struck by the robber before he was apprehended and arrested.
- 2 (become aware of) percibir, darse* cuenta deMore example sentences
- He posits that ‘understandings can only be apprehended and appreciated if they are performed by a student’.
- It is only through the force of the emotionally apprehended that he can perceive the world.
- But what controls and regulates feeling will be a wider web of feelings, which reason helps us apprehend and understand, not any reason holding authority over all feelings.
- 3 (anticipate anxiously) temerMore example sentences
- He admitted that some people had left the city some time back apprehending communal violence, but there is no such fear now.
- The district administration apprehending trouble immediately clamped curfew in the district.
- Information gathered by them revealed that he was persuaded to cancel his visit today by the state government as it apprehended major controversy.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)