transitive verb/verbo transitivo[formal]
- 1 (arrest) apresar, detener*More example sentences
- Let's remember that we were never apprehended, arrested, charged or deported.
- During the follow-up interviews, one subject admitted that he was apprehended via an arrest warrant.
- According to reports, an off-duty police officer tried to intervene and was struck by the robber before he was apprehended and arrested.
- 2 (become aware of) percibir, darse* cuenta deMore example sentences
- He posits that ‘understandings can only be apprehended and appreciated if they are performed by a student’.
- It is only through the force of the emotionally apprehended that he can perceive the world.
- But what controls and regulates feeling will be a wider web of feelings, which reason helps us apprehend and understand, not any reason holding authority over all feelings.
- 3 (anticipate anxiously) temerMore example sentences
- He admitted that some people had left the city some time back apprehending communal violence, but there is no such fear now.
- The district administration apprehending trouble immediately clamped curfew in the district.
- Information gathered by them revealed that he was persuaded to cancel his visit today by the state government as it apprehended major controversy.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.