Translation of approve in Spanish:
- 1.1 (agree) See examples: do you approve?to approve¿le parece bien?
ofsomething/somebodyI don't approve of his methodsmother seems to approve of himno estoy de acuerdo con sus métodosthey didn't approve of us getting marrieda mamá parece gustarlethey don't approve of my smokingno estuvieron de acuerdo en que nos casáramosno les pareció bien que nos casáramos1.2 (agree formally)les parece mal or no les gusta que fumeif the boss approves, we can start immediatelydar su ( or mi etc) aprobación or visto buenosi el jefe da su aprobación or su visto bueno, podemos empezar inmediatamente
- 1.1 (sanction, agree)(decision/plan/action)the plan has finally been approved by the board1.2 (officially recognize)el plan ha sido finalmente aprobado por la junta(institution)an approved campsite/method1.3 (agree with) [formal]un camping/método autorizadoI can't say I approve his methodsestar de acuerdo conno puedo decir que estoy de acuerdo con sus métodosExample sentences
- The authority has a month to decide either to approve the merger or to carry out a more detailed investigation.
- The Prime Minister approved the request on 9 February 1962.
- Despite this presidential warning shot, the Senate narrowly approved both amendments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the