- 1.1 (agree) do you approve? ¿le parece bien?to approve
ofsth/sb I don't approve of his methods no estoy de acuerdo con sus métodos mother seems to approve of him a mamá parece gustarle they didn't approve of us getting married no estuvieron de acuerdo en que nos casáramos, no les pareció bien que nos casáramos they don't approve of my smoking les parece mal or no les gusta que fume 1.2 (agree formally) dar* su ( or mi etc) aprobación or visto bueno if the boss approves, we can start immediately si el jefe da su aprobación or su visto bueno, podemos empezar inmediatamente
- 1.1 (sanction, agree) [decision/plan/action] aprobar* the plan has finally been approved by the board el plan ha sido finalmente aprobado por la junta 1.2 (officially recognize) [institution] acreditar an approved campsite/method un camping/método autorizado 1.3 (agree with) [formal] estar* de acuerdo con I can't say I approve his methods no puedo decir que estoy de acuerdo con sus métodosMore example sentences
- Councillors agreed to approve the proposals, so care home residents would not be disturbed by construction work.
- The Cabinet is scheduled to officially approve its proposal tomorrow during the weekly Cabinet meeting.
- In others, if the Parliament approves proposals, it is possible for the Council to pass legislation by a majority vote instead of requiring unanimous approval from the members of the Council.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.