Translation of approve in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (agree) do you approve? ¿le parece bien?to approve
ofsth/sb I don't approve of his methods no estoy de acuerdo con sus métodos mother seems to approve of him a mamá parece gustarle they didn't approve of us getting married no estuvieron de acuerdo en que nos casáramos, no les pareció bien que nos casáramos they don't approve of my smoking les parece mal or no les gusta que fume 1.2 (agree formally) dar* su ( or mi etc) aprobación or visto bueno if the boss approves, we can start immediately si el jefe da su aprobación or su visto bueno, podemos empezar inmediatamente
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (sanction, agree) [decision/plan/action] aprobar* the plan has finally been approved by the board el plan ha sido finalmente aprobado por la junta 1.2 (officially recognize) [institution] acreditar an approved campsite/method un camping/método autorizado 1.3 (agree with) [formal] estar* de acuerdo con I can't say I approve his methods no puedo decir que estoy de acuerdo con sus métodosExample sentences
- The authority has a month to decide either to approve the merger or to carry out a more detailed investigation.
- The Prime Minister approved the request on 9 February 1962.
- Despite this presidential warning shot, the Senate narrowly approved both amendments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.