intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (agree) do you approve? ¿le parece bien?to approve
ofsth/sb I don't approve of his methods no estoy de acuerdo con sus métodos mother seems to approve of him a mamá parece gustarle they didn't approve of us getting married no estuvieron de acuerdo en que nos casáramos, no les pareció bien que nos casáramos they don't approve of my smoking les parece mal or no les gusta que fume 1.2 (agree formally) dar* su ( or mi etc) aprobación or visto bueno if the boss approves, we can start immediately si el jefe da su aprobación or su visto bueno, podemos empezar inmediatamente
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (sanction, agree) [decision/plan/action] aprobar* the plan has finally been approved by the board el plan ha sido finalmente aprobado por la junta 1.2 (officially recognize) [institution] acreditar an approved campsite/method un camping/método autorizado 1.3 (agree with) [formal] estar* de acuerdo con I can't say I approve his methods no puedo decir que estoy de acuerdo con sus métodosMore example sentences
- Councillors agreed to approve the proposals, so care home residents would not be disturbed by construction work.
- The Cabinet is scheduled to officially approve its proposal tomorrow during the weekly Cabinet meeting.
- In others, if the Parliament approves proposals, it is possible for the Council to pass legislation by a majority vote instead of requiring unanimous approval from the members of the Council.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.