- 1.1 [Archaeol] arcaicoMore example sentences1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [word/use] arcaico; [style] arcaizante
More example sentences1.3 (antiquated) [custom/ideas] arcaico
- Schaps, however, underestimates the market orientation of Greek agriculture in the later archaic period.
- This city was settled by Phoenicians in the archaic period and it challenged the rising Roman Republic in three wars culminating in its own destruction in the second century B.C.E.
- Concerning the archaic period, Reed admits that he is engaging in ‘cautious guesswork’.
More example sentences
- They may have translated the archaic terms into scientific-sounding language, but it's the same old vitalism, dressed up as quantum physics.
- Because they are short or perceived as popular, certain archaic words survive in newspaper usage: agog, foe, hustings, scribe, slay.
- Elevation is lent to his language by archaic and poetic words and an admixture of neologisms, while his extensive use of metaphor more closely resembles poetic than prose usage.
- The company also plans to pay artists a higher royalty for songs downloaded online, while scrapping archaic methods for calculating Internet sales.
- Director of the Scottish Tourist Forum, Ivan Broussine, warned that archaic attitudes were threatening the health of the tourist industry.
- In short, the modernization of economic structures leads to a rise, rather than a decline, in archaic attitudes of mind.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.