Translation of archaic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Archaeol)Example sentences1.2 (Linguistics)
(word/use)(style)Example sentences1.3 (antiquated)
- Schaps, however, underestimates the market orientation of Greek agriculture in the later archaic period.
- This city was settled by Phoenicians in the archaic period and it challenged the rising Roman Republic in three wars culminating in its own destruction in the second century B.C.E.
- Concerning the archaic period, Reed admits that he is engaging in ‘cautious guesswork’.
- They may have translated the archaic terms into scientific-sounding language, but it's the same old vitalism, dressed up as quantum physics.
- Because they are short or perceived as popular, certain archaic words survive in newspaper usage: agog, foe, hustings, scribe, slay.
- Elevation is lent to his language by archaic and poetic words and an admixture of neologisms, while his extensive use of metaphor more closely resembles poetic than prose usage.
- The company also plans to pay artists a higher royalty for songs downloaded online, while scrapping archaic methods for calculating Internet sales.
- Director of the Scottish Tourist Forum, Ivan Broussine, warned that archaic attitudes were threatening the health of the tourist industry.
- In short, the modernization of economic structures leads to a rise, rather than a decline, in archaic attitudes of mind.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the