Translation of archive in Spanish:
noun/nombre(often plural/frecuentemente plural)
- 1.1 (records) archivo (masculine) film archive(s) filmoteca (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) archive footage imágenes (feminine plural) de archivoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (place) archivo (masculine)
- Many public libraries also have local history sections containing archives relating to local musical activities and famous musicians.
- Shot by pioneering film-makers Mitchell & Kenyon, the discovery of this archive collection will rewrite British film history.
- Through personal archives and institutions we compiled about 500 diaries and a few thousand postcards and letters.
- Optical media is also perfect for storing archives of critical corporate data, such as financials or personnel records.
- At the same time the PRO will outline its digital archive system which will store electronic government records.
- Second, many ILE faculty members were interested in building data archives with data sets from many different government agencies.
- Plans for a ‘joined up service’, with libraries, archives, museums and galleries all together under one roof, have been launched by East Riding Council.
- Col Babbitt and Mrs Zemp were invited to visit Rishworth School and yesterday saw the original Sowerby Parish Registers at the archives in the Central Library.
- The new gallery, with its associated study room and archives, is a £10m joint venture.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...