Translation of arena in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of stadium) sports arenaestadio (masculine) deportivoExample sentences1.2 (scene of activity) the political arena
a third candidate has entered the arenael ruedo políticola arena políticaun tercer candidato ha saltado a la palestra or al ruedo or ha entrado en lizaExample sentences
- Whole towns could be surrounded, or a mile-wide dragnet thrown over an area which contained sporting arenas.
- We need to build new stadia and other sporting arenas promptly in order not to be disadvantaged at critical times.
- I had seen pictures of sports arenas and Coliseums but I had never actually been inside one.
- During the week running up to the meeting the campus was transformed into an arena of political debate.
- These arguments have now been tested in a political arena for the first time.
- It is high time we gave shape to a new culture, where each arena of activity is given its due place.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.