- 1.1 (of stadium) arena (f), ruedo (m) sports arena estadio (masculine) deportivoMore example sentences1.2 (scene of activity) ruedo (masculine) the political arena el ruedo político, la arena política a third candidate has entered the arena un tercer candidato ha saltado a la palestra or al ruedo or ha entrado en liza
More example sentences
- Whole towns could be surrounded, or a mile-wide dragnet thrown over an area which contained sporting arenas.
- We need to build new stadia and other sporting arenas promptly in order not to be disadvantaged at critical times.
- I had seen pictures of sports arenas and Coliseums but I had never actually been inside one.
- During the week running up to the meeting the campus was transformed into an arena of political debate.
- These arguments have now been tested in a political arena for the first time.
- It is high time we gave shape to a new culture, where each arena of activity is given its due place.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bullfighting remains popular in many parts of Spain and some Latin American countries, and is regularly broadcast on television. During the bullfight (corrida) three bullfighters (matadores) fight a total of six bulls, two each.