Translation of arena in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of stadium) arena (feminine), ruedo (masculine) sports arena estadio (masculine) deportivoExample sentences1.2 (scene of activity) ruedo (masculine) the political arena el ruedo político, la arena política a third candidate has entered the arena un tercer candidato ha saltado a la palestra or al ruedo or ha entrado en liza
- Whole towns could be surrounded, or a mile-wide dragnet thrown over an area which contained sporting arenas.
- We need to build new stadia and other sporting arenas promptly in order not to be disadvantaged at critical times.
- I had seen pictures of sports arenas and Coliseums but I had never actually been inside one.
- During the week running up to the meeting the campus was transformed into an arena of political debate.
- These arguments have now been tested in a political arena for the first time.
- It is high time we gave shape to a new culture, where each arena of activity is given its due place.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.