Translation of arena in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of stadium) sports arenaestadio (masculine) deportivoExample sentences1.2 (scene of activity) the political arena
el ruedo políticoa third candidate has entered the arena
- Whole towns could be surrounded, or a mile-wide dragnet thrown over an area which contained sporting arenas.
- We need to build new stadia and other sporting arenas promptly in order not to be disadvantaged at critical times.
- I had seen pictures of sports arenas and Coliseums but I had never actually been inside one.
la arena políticaun tercer candidato ha saltado a la palestra or al ruedo or ha entrado en lizaExample sentences
- During the week running up to the meeting the campus was transformed into an arena of political debate.
- These arguments have now been tested in a political arena for the first time.
- It is high time we gave shape to a new culture, where each arena of activity is given its due place.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.