Translation of argue in Spanish:
- 1 (disagree, quarrel) they're always arguingdon't argue and do as I say!siempre están discutiendo ( or peleándose etc)to argue¡no (me) discutas y haz lo que te digo!
about/ oversomethingit's not worth arguing over a few centsdiscutir or pelear poralgowe always argue about o over whose turn it is to cook dinnerno vale la pena discutir por unos pocos centavosthey're arguing over the bicycle againsiempre discutimos or peleamos sobre a quién le toca hacer la cenato arguese están peleando por la bicicleta otra vez withsomebodyI don't want to argue with youdiscutir ( or pelearse etc) conalguiendon't argue with me!no quiero discutir con ustedto argue¡no me discutas! withsomething(with decision/belief)you can't argue with a loaded gundisputar algo$10,000 tax-free? you can't argue with that!cuando hay armas de por medio, no se discute¿10.000 dólares libres de impuestos? ¡no es como para quejarse!Example sentences
- Few in this country would argue with the view that the regime is unacceptable.
- The locals were incensed and came out of their homes to argue with the soldiers.
- Of that Borg is certain, and who would argue with one who dominated Wimbledon like no other?
- 2 (reason) See examples: she argues convincinglyto arguesabe expresar su punto de vista de manera muy convincente
for/ againstsomethingshe argued for his reinstatementthe author argues against changing the lawabogó por que fuera restituido a su cargoher experience argues in her favorel autor da razones en contra de que se cambie la leyit argues well for him that his colleagues were so loyalsu experiencia es un factor a su favorla lealtad de sus colegas dice mucho de él or dice mucho en su favor
- 1 1.1 (put forward) a well argued point1.2 (adduce) the lawyer argued provocationun argumento bien expuesto or presentadosupporters of the bill argue that …el abogado alegó provocación1.3 (debate)los partidarios del proyecto arguyen or argumentan or sostienen que …Example sentences
- Some people argue that libertarianism is not a theory of equality or mutual advantage.
- Supporters argue that wind farms are a small price to pay for saving the planet.
- Some argue that boxing has a lower death rate per year from acute injury than other sports.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.