Translation of arithmetic in Spanish:
/əˈrɪθmətɪk/ noun/nombreuncountable/no numerable
- aritmética (feminine) his arithmetic is poor está flojo en aritmética don't rely on my arithmetic no te fíes de mis cuentas or cálculos I did some quick arithmetic hice un cálculo rápidoExample sentences
- If U is a positive integer, we can calculate the function's value by simple arithmetic: Just multiply e by itself U times.
- No matter how poor my calculating skills are however, I do know some simple arithmetic.
- The Stand and Deliver message, that the touch of a master could bring unmotivated students from arithmetic to calculus in a single year, was preached in schools throughout the nation.
/ˌærɪθˈmetɪk/ adjective/adjetivo ( also arithmetical /-ɪkəl/)
- [calculation/mean/progression] aritmético; [ability] para los números or la aritmética
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.