Translation of armory in Spanish:
- 1 (stock of arms) these techniques are a part of every salesman's armoryestas técnicas forman parte del bagaje de todo vendedorExample sentences
- One of its many functions was to serve as the armoury, which supplied many weapons to Soldiers of the British Empire.
- In an attempt to develop the capability to punch through the missile defence shield, countries such as China could decide to massively increase the number of nuclear missiles in their armoury.
- And China has threatened to respond by massively increasing its nuclear armoury.
- 2 (storehouse)Example sentences
- The Australian Government recently handed over four new state-of-the-art armouries to the PNG Defence Force.
- The three-story, 88,000-square-foot facility is expected to serve as a model for future high-technology National Guard armories.
- Missiles rained down on the city as fireballs went up into the night sky after the armoury at the central Ikeja barracks caught fire.
- 3 (factory) (American English)fábrica (feminine) de armasExample sentences
- Beginning in 1795 and 1801, respectively, these armories manufactured muskets based upon a .69-caliber French 1777 design.
- As Hoke put it: ‘The most important transfer of technology from the armories to the watch factories was the imposition of a rigid system of organization and the elevation of the machine shop to a position of supremacy.’
- These A & M schools trained students for practical problem solving in our armories, hospitals, factories, and farms.
- 5 (drill hall) (American English)sala (feminine) de prácticasExample sentences
- The largest Alabama Guard unit to return from Iraq, the 877th Engineer Battalion, had its first weekend drills earlier this month at its northwest Alabama armories.
- Despite these difficulties, on April 28 Colonel Harry Clay Kessler ordered Montana Guard units to report for duty at their respective armories.
- The siege lines were arrayed all around the triangular-shaped compound of the armory.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.