n (plural -ries)
- 1.1 (stock of arms) arsenal (masculine) these techniques are a part of every salesman's armory estas técnicas forman parte del bagaje de todo vendedorMore example sentences1.2 (storehouse) arsenal (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 (factory) (American English/inglés norteamericano) fábrica (feminine) de armas
- One of its many functions was to serve as the armoury, which supplied many weapons to Soldiers of the British Empire.
- In an attempt to develop the capability to punch through the missile defence shield, countries such as China could decide to massively increase the number of nuclear missiles in their armoury.
- And China has threatened to respond by massively increasing its nuclear armoury.
More example sentences1.4 (museum) armería (feminine) 1.5 (drill hall) (American English/inglés norteamericano) sala (feminine) de prácticas
- The Australian Government recently handed over four new state-of-the-art armouries to the PNG Defence Force.
- The three-story, 88,000-square-foot facility is expected to serve as a model for future high-technology National Guard armories.
- Missiles rained down on the city as fireballs went up into the night sky after the armoury at the central Ikeja barracks caught fire.
More example sentences
- Beginning in 1795 and 1801, respectively, these armories manufactured muskets based upon a .69-caliber French 1777 design.
- As Hoke put it: ‘The most important transfer of technology from the armories to the watch factories was the imposition of a rigid system of organization and the elevation of the machine shop to a position of supremacy.’
- These A & M schools trained students for practical problem solving in our armories, hospitals, factories, and farms.
- The largest Alabama Guard unit to return from Iraq, the 877th Engineer Battalion, had its first weekend drills earlier this month at its northwest Alabama armories.
- Despite these difficulties, on April 28 Colonel Harry Clay Kessler ordered Montana Guard units to report for duty at their respective armories.
- The siege lines were arrayed all around the triangular-shaped compound of the armory.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.