Translation of armpit in Spanish:
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], (place) lugar (masculine) de mala muerteExample sentences
- Doctors ask about symptoms and examine for swelling of the liver, spleen, and lymph glands in the armpits, groin and neck.
- Sometimes your eyelashes, eyebrows, armpit, pubic and other body hair also falls out.
- The rash is greasy and affects the scalp, face, armpits, groin and skin below the breasts.
- Your dismal little country in the armpit of Nowhere.
- Humorist Gene Weingarten visits Battle Mountain, Nevada and describes how the "Armpit of America" grows on him. [washingtonpost.com]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.