Translation of armpit in Spanish:
- 2(American English) [colloquial] (place)lugar (masculine) de mala muerteExample sentences
- Doctors ask about symptoms and examine for swelling of the liver, spleen, and lymph glands in the armpits, groin and neck.
- Sometimes your eyelashes, eyebrows, armpit, pubic and other body hair also falls out.
- The rash is greasy and affects the scalp, face, armpits, groin and skin below the breasts.
- Your dismal little country in the armpit of Nowhere.
- Humorist Gene Weingarten visits Battle Mountain, Nevada and describes how the "Armpit of America" grows on him. [washingtonpost.com]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.