n (pl armies)
- 1.1 (land force) ejército (m) the Army and the Navy el ejército (de tierra) y la marina or armada to be in the army ser* militar to join the army alistarse en el ejército (before n) [barracks/discipline] militar he hated army life odiaba la vida militar or de cuartel army officer militar (mf), oficial (mf) del ejército (de tierra) army wife esposa (f) de militar 1.2 (body of troops) ejército (m)More example sentences
More example sentences1.3 (large number) ejército (m), legión (f) an army of advisers un ejército or una legión de asesores
- Camp followers shared the military fortunes of the armies they accompanied.
- All the village men were fighting alongside the two armies, the Corbett army having come to join in.
- Only the Utuku, of all the peoples known to me in the world, equip and organize their armies in that manner.
More example sentences
- Now is the time to train as a nurse, join the army or make yourself indispensable to the government in some other way.
- His work in Cambridge was interrupted by World War I when he worked on the land rather than join the army.
- And he declared that he would want to fight alongside his men if he joined the army.
- He is now attracting an army of fans, and keeps winning every time he steps up to a new racing division.
- It has an army of loyal fans which consider the GTi to be the most fun you can have on four wheels.
- The international gambling industry has hired an army of lobbyists to stack the odds in its favour.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.