Translation of arouse in Spanish:
- 1 (awaken) her appeal aroused no response from the publicsu llamamiento no obtuvo ninguna respuesta por parte del públicoExample sentences
- Accepting a position at Princeton, he attended a course on knot theory by R Fox and from this his interest was aroused in combinatorial group theory.
- My interest was aroused in him because of the book that he was carrying.
- Their confusion about how to shape their lives in response to these conditions arouses anxiety, and many abuse their spouse and children or turn to drugs and alcohol to alleviate their tension.
- This had probably been done with the view of arousing me from sleep.
- One evening, after the household had gone to sleep, Jane was aroused by the smell of smoke - to find Mr. Rochester's bed on fire.
- On admission to the PACU, Mrs L's vital signs were stable, and she was aroused from sleep easily.
- 2 (sexually)Example sentences
- Some boys reported that he was sexually aroused when he did this and others reported being shown pornography.
- Up until now, few had tried to develop a drug to sexually arouse women because the task involves more than getting blood to move around.
- He says it is something that will sexually arouse a person every time he/she is exposed to the stimulus.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to