Translation of arrange in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (put in certain order, position)(flowers)the chairs were arranged in a circle
arreglarlas sillas estaban colocadas en círculoI arranged the cards in alphabetical ordercoloqué or puse las fichas en orden alfabéticothe food was attractively arranged
ordené las fichas alfabéticamentela comida estaba muy bien presentadashe arranged her hair in a bunse recogió el pelo en un moñoExample sentences1.2 (put in order) to arrange one's hair/clothes
arreglarse el pelo/la ropaI needed time to arrange my thoughtsnecesitaba tiempo para poner mis ideas en orden
- She looked at the various framed certificates, mounted onto the peach colored wall, that were arranged in an unbelievably neat order.
- The pews were no longer haphazard and broken, instead they now were arranged in neat rows leading up to the front, where a bemused Tane and a fully clothed Ferik sat.
- Lloyd Williams, who is curating the exhibition, added that the paintings, many of which represented women in the painter's life, would be arranged in chronological order.
- 2 (fix up in advance)(meeting/party/interview)
concertar(loan)I've arranged an appointment for Tuesday
tramitarhe concertado cita para el marteswe'll arrange your accommodationnos encargaremos de conseguirle alojamientowe arranged between us who would do whatacordamos or arreglamos entre los dos quién se encargaría de cada cosacan I leave you to arrange the details?¿te podrías encargar tú de los detalles?he arranged the details with the managerconcertó los detalles con el gerenteit was arranged that we would meet after workquedamos en que nos encontraríamos al salir del trabajoshe had arranged to meet them for lunchhabía quedado en encontrarse con ellos para comerhabía quedado con ellos para comer (Spain)Example sentences
- Another meeting with regard to the proposed Mussel Festival is arranged for this evening, Wednesday, at 8.30 in the Community Centre.
- I was delighted when I read that a Midsummer Writing Festival was arranged for last weekend.
- A special event was arranged for us with the psychic Arthur Pacheco, who communicates with people in the next world.
- A couple of months ago, for instance, an Australian production was ready to sign her up, but she arranged to meet with the director anyway.
- Upon further investigation, she found the house where her mother had lived in nearby Leigh-on-Sea and located her mother's sisters, Ella and Gladys, whom she arranged to meet.
- Through friends of friends I have arranged to meet some journalists and actors over there, some of whom have archival video and stills from the Marcos era.
- to arrange
forsomethingyou can arrange for a telephone in your roompuede pedir que le instalen un teléfono en su habitaciónto arrange forsomebody/something to + infinitiveI arranged for a taxi to pick them uppedí un taxi para que los recogieracould you arrange for the carpets to be cleaned?¿podría encargarse de que alguien venga a limpiar las alfombras?we've arranged for you to see the specialistle hemos pedido una hora or (Latin America) una cita con el especialista
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.