Translation of arrange in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (put in certain order, position) [furniture] arreglar, disponer*; [flowers] arreglar the chairs were arranged in a circle las sillas estaban colocadas en círculo I arranged the cards in alphabetical order coloqué or puse las fichas en orden alfabético, ordené las fichas alfabéticamente the food was attractively arranged la comida estaba muy bien presentada she arranged her hair in a bun se recogió el pelo en un moñoExample sentences1.2 (put in order) arreglar, ordenar to arrange one's hair/clothes arreglarse el pelo/la ropa I needed time to arrange my thoughts necesitaba tiempo para poner mis ideas en orden
- She looked at the various framed certificates, mounted onto the peach colored wall, that were arranged in an unbelievably neat order.
- The pews were no longer haphazard and broken, instead they now were arranged in neat rows leading up to the front, where a bemused Tane and a fully clothed Ferik sat.
- Lloyd Williams, who is curating the exhibition, added that the paintings, many of which represented women in the painter's life, would be arranged in chronological order.
- 2 (fix up in advance) [meeting/party/interview] organizar*; [date/fee] fijar; [deal/appointment] concertar*; [loan] tramitar I've arranged an appointment for Tuesday he concertado cita para el martes we'll arrange your accommodation nos encargaremos de conseguirle alojamiento we arranged between us who would do what acordamos or arreglamos entre los dos quién se encargaría de cada cosa can I leave you to arrange the details? ¿te podrías encargar tú de los detalles? he arranged the details with the manager concertó los detalles con el gerente it was arranged that we would meet after work quedamos en que nos encontraríamos al salir del trabajo she had arranged to meet them for lunch había quedado en encontrarse con ellos para comer, había quedado con ellos para comer (Spain/España)Example sentences
- Another meeting with regard to the proposed Mussel Festival is arranged for this evening, Wednesday, at 8.30 in the Community Centre.
- I was delighted when I read that a Midsummer Writing Festival was arranged for last weekend.
- A special event was arranged for us with the psychic Arthur Pacheco, who communicates with people in the next world.
- A couple of months ago, for instance, an Australian production was ready to sign her up, but she arranged to meet with the director anyway.
- Upon further investigation, she found the house where her mother had lived in nearby Leigh-on-Sea and located her mother's sisters, Ella and Gladys, whom she arranged to meet.
- Through friends of friends I have arranged to meet some journalists and actors over there, some of whom have archival video and stills from the Marcos era.
- 3 [Music/Música] arreglar
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- to arrange
forsth you can arrange for a telephone in your room puede pedir que le instalen un teléfono en su habitaciónto arrange forsb/sth to + infinitive/infinitivoI arranged for a taxi to pick them up pedí un taxi para que los recogiera could you arrange for the carpets to be cleaned? ¿podría encargarse de que alguien venga a limpiar las alfombras? we've arranged for you to see the specialist le hemos pedido una hora or (Latin America/América Latina) una cita con el especialista
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the