Translation of arrangement in Spanish:
- 2 2.1 countable (agreement) See examples: what's the arrangement for tomorrow?it seemed the most sensible arrangement¿cómo hemos/se ha quedado para mañana?¿cuál es el plan para mañana?the arrangement is that she'll pick us up at sevenparecía el mejor arreglo or la mejor soluciónwe made an arrangement to meet the next dayhemos/he quedado en que nos pasará a recoger a las sieteI have an arrangement with the bankquedamos en encontrarnos al día siguientehe came to an arrangement with his creditorstengo un acuerdo or arreglo con el bancogroup visits by arrangementllegó a un acuerdo con sus acreedoressalary by arrangement (British English) 2.2 uncountable (fixing, agreeing) See examples: he helped us with the arrangement of accommodationse ruega concertar de antemano las visitas en gruponos ayudó a conseguir alojamiento
- 3also: arrangements plural(plans)the weather spoiled our arrangementsplanes (masculine plural)tell me how many are coming and I'll look after all the arrangementsel tiempo nos estropeó los planeswhat are the travel/sleeping arrangements?dime cuántos vienen y yo me encargaré de todo or haré todos los preparativosI had to see to the seating arrangements¿cómo vamos ( or van etc) a viajar/dormir?arrangements for the transfer of funds should be made two weeks in advancetuve que encargarme de disponer cómo se iban a sentarhe made the arrangements for the funeral himselfla transferencia de fondos debe solicitarse con dos semanas de anticipaciónshe made arrangements for her mail to be sent onél mismo se encargó de los preparativos para el funeralI can't come, I've already made other arrangementsdispuso que le reexpidieran la correspondenciano puedo venir, ya tengo otro compromisoExample sentences
- This year the scramble in Claremorris will be on the first Saturday in July and John has already made preliminary arrangements for the event.
- He must then suggest future arrangements for European cooperation.
- Could we request the university authorities to make better arrangements for holding these events in future, so that all students can exercise their right to associate and speak freely?
- 4 countable (Music)Example sentences
- The books of the OT and NT have reached their present number and arrangement by a process of adjustment and elimination over centuries.
- If the Government wish to convince the Muslim community about the need to pay higher Haj charter fare, the process of charter arrangement must become transparent.
- The shape of neurons varies with the number and arrangement of their processes.
- A body of such works as instrumental duets and arrangements of theatrical tunes for small ensembles was tailored to amateur musicians of limited abilities.
- He therefore embarked on a series of arrangements for String Orchestra in an attempt to present the String Quartet medium to a wider audience.
- He has published numerous supplementary books for college group instruction, as well as duet and duo piano arrangements for young students.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.