Translation of arrangement in Spanish:
- 2 2.1 countable (agreement) what's the arrangement for tomorrow?¿cómo hemos/se ha quedado para mañana?it seemed the most sensible arrangement
¿cuál es el plan para mañana?parecía el mejor arreglo or la mejor soluciónthe arrangement is that she'll pick us up at sevenhemos/he quedado en que nos pasará a recoger a las sietewe made an arrangement to meet the next dayquedamos en encontrarnos al día siguienteI have an arrangement with the banktengo un acuerdo or arreglo con el bancohe came to an arrangement with his creditorsllegó a un acuerdo con sus acreedoresgroup visits by arrangementse ruega concertar de antemano las visitas en gruposalary by arrangement (British English) 2.2 uncountable (fixing, agreeing) he helped us with the arrangement of accommodationnos ayudó a conseguir alojamiento
- 3also: arrangements plural(plans)planes (masculine plural)the weather spoiled our arrangementsel tiempo nos estropeó los planestell me how many are coming and I'll look after all the arrangementsdime cuántos vienen y yo me encargaré de todo or haré todos los preparativoswhat are the travel/sleeping arrangements?¿cómo vamos ( or van etc) a viajar/dormir?I had to see to the seating arrangementstuve que encargarme de disponer cómo se iban a sentararrangements for the transfer of funds should be made two weeks in advancela transferencia de fondos debe solicitarse con dos semanas de anticipaciónhe made the arrangements for the funeral himselfél mismo se encargó de los preparativos para el funeralshe made arrangements for her mail to be sent ondispuso que le reexpidieran la correspondenciaI can't come, I've already made other arrangementsno puedo venir, ya tengo otro compromisoExample sentences
- This year the scramble in Claremorris will be on the first Saturday in July and John has already made preliminary arrangements for the event.
- He must then suggest future arrangements for European cooperation.
- Could we request the university authorities to make better arrangements for holding these events in future, so that all students can exercise their right to associate and speak freely?
- 4 countable (Music)Example sentences
- The books of the OT and NT have reached their present number and arrangement by a process of adjustment and elimination over centuries.
- If the Government wish to convince the Muslim community about the need to pay higher Haj charter fare, the process of charter arrangement must become transparent.
- The shape of neurons varies with the number and arrangement of their processes.
- A body of such works as instrumental duets and arrangements of theatrical tunes for small ensembles was tailored to amateur musicians of limited abilities.
- He therefore embarked on a series of arrangements for String Orchestra in an attempt to present the String Quartet medium to a wider audience.
- He has published numerous supplementary books for college group instruction, as well as duet and duo piano arrangements for young students.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.