Translation of array in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (range, display) a wonderful array of exotic dishesuna selección de platos exóticos que era una fiesta para los ojosa whole array of tricky issuestoda una serie de problemas peliagudosExample sentences1.2 countable (Computing, Mathematics)
- Judges sit in the audience looking at an impressive array of films ranging from TV commercials to animation for the Internet, from episodes of TV series to indie works.
- The FanFest is part museum, part amusement park and part carnival, with a vast array of displays, presentations, games and interactive activities.
- It has performed a vast array of productions ranging from drama plays, cabarets, pantos, and Gilbert and Sullivan Operettas to hit musicals like Carousel, Anything Goes and My Fair Lady.
Example sentences1.3 countable (Military) in battle array
- A matrix is a rectangular array of symbols, usually numbers, neatly arranged in columns and rows.
- Equivalently, physicists can represent a given quantum system by a matrix - a square array of whole numbers.
- He describes matrix multiplication (which he thinks of as composition so he has not yet reached the concept of matrix algebra) and the inverse of a matrix in the particular context of the arrays of coefficients of quadratic forms.
en orden de batallaExample sentences1.4 uncountable (attire) [literary]in their full array
- The new sensor allows the user to communicate with each sensor element of the array by computer.
- Wolfram first formulated these ideas in studies of cellular automata - geometric arrays of minimalist computing elements, called cells.
- A SAN is composed of servers or workstations and storage devices such as disk arrays or tape subsystems that are connected by a network infrastructure.
en traje de gala or ceremoniaExample sentences
- His legionnaires marched in full battle array, incorporated an advance guard, and maintained tactical integrity on the move.
- Gone is the need for massed arrays of troops in static positions waiting to confront a Soviet attack in Western Europe as during the Cold War years.
- Military forces conducting operations must anticipate encountering an array of friendly, hostile, and neutral persons within the three blocks.
- Behind these were many ranks of pixies, gnomes and nymphs, and in the rear a thousand beautiful fairies floated along in gorgeous array.
- 1.1 (spread out)(troops)
formarExample sentences1.2 (attire)to be arrayed
- Should we give up because powerful forces are arrayed against us?
- He knows that vast forces are arrayed against him.
- These forces were arrayed across the battle-space in three forward operating bases, separated by approximately 40 kilometers.
insomethingir ataviado or engalanado conalgo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.