Translation of array in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (range, display) selección (feminine), despliegue (masculine) a wonderful array of exotic dishes una selección de platos exóticos que era una fiesta para los ojos a whole array of tricky issues toda una serie de problemas peliagudosExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable [Computing/Informática] [Mathematics/Matemáticas] matriz (feminine)
- Judges sit in the audience looking at an impressive array of films ranging from TV commercials to animation for the Internet, from episodes of TV series to indie works.
- The FanFest is part museum, part amusement park and part carnival, with a vast array of displays, presentations, games and interactive activities.
- It has performed a vast array of productions ranging from drama plays, cabarets, pantos, and Gilbert and Sullivan Operettas to hit musicals like Carousel, Anything Goes and My Fair Lady.
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable [Military/Militar] formación (feminine) in battle array en orden de batalla
- A matrix is a rectangular array of symbols, usually numbers, neatly arranged in columns and rows.
- Equivalently, physicists can represent a given quantum system by a matrix - a square array of whole numbers.
- He describes matrix multiplication (which he thinks of as composition so he has not yet reached the concept of matrix algebra) and the inverse of a matrix in the particular context of the arrays of coefficients of quadratic forms.
Example sentences1.4 uncountable/no numerable (attire) [literary/literario] in their full array en traje de gala or ceremonia
- The new sensor allows the user to communicate with each sensor element of the array by computer.
- Wolfram first formulated these ideas in studies of cellular automata - geometric arrays of minimalist computing elements, called cells.
- A SAN is composed of servers or workstations and storage devices such as disk arrays or tape subsystems that are connected by a network infrastructure.
- His legionnaires marched in full battle array, incorporated an advance guard, and maintained tactical integrity on the move.
- Gone is the need for massed arrays of troops in static positions waiting to confront a Soviet attack in Western Europe as during the Cold War years.
- Military forces conducting operations must anticipate encountering an array of friendly, hostile, and neutral persons within the three blocks.
- Behind these were many ranks of pixies, gnomes and nymphs, and in the rear a thousand beautiful fairies floated along in gorgeous array.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo[literary/literario]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to