Translation of arrest in Spanish:
- to make an arresthacer una detención or un arrestoto be under arrestestar detenido or arrestadohe's under arrest on a robbery chargeha sido detenido or arrestado acusado de roboyou're under arrestqueda detenido or arrestadoto put o place somebody under arrestdetener or arrestar a alguiento resist arrestresistirse a la autoridadExample sentences
- In Lindley the defendant had been taken into police custody upon arrest for disorderly behaviour.
- These are separate categories, but it does not follow that in every case of unlawful arrest by a police officer exemplary damages are appropriate.
- The internal report will provide valuable ammunition for the Hamiltons who have said they intend to sue Scotland Yard for unlawful arrest and detention.
- 1 (detain) the arresting officerel oficial de policía que hace ( or hizo etc) la detención or el arrestoExample sentences
- Disappointed with the dilatory tactics of the cocoa firms, he even suggested sending a man-of-war to arrest a slave ship.
- Without the signed Yacht Salvage Contract, the salvor is free to arrest your boat and file suit in federal court.
- Nor has it commenced legal proceedings in England to secure its underlying claim by arresting a ship here or to enforce the arbitration award.
- 2 (progress/growth) (hinder)dificultar
poner freno a(halt)
atajardesarrollo (masculine) atrofiado
atrofia (feminine)Example sentences
- This addresses only 50 per cent of the problem, it will arrest the disease process and possibly repair some damage.
- As yet there is no proven means of arresting the disease's progress, let alone curing it.
- Many natural and chemical agents have been employed with the aim of halting or blocking angiogenesis, in an attempt to arrest malignant growth, development and metastasis.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.