Translation of arrest in Spanish:
- detención (feminine), arresto (masculine) to make an arrest hacer* una detención or un arresto to be under arrest estar* detenido or arrestado he's under arrest on a robbery charge ha sido detenido or arrestado acusado de robo you're under arrest queda detenido or arrestado to put o place sb under arrest detener* or arrestar a algn to resist arrest resistirse a la autoridadExample sentences
- In Lindley the defendant had been taken into police custody upon arrest for disorderly behaviour.
- These are separate categories, but it does not follow that in every case of unlawful arrest by a police officer exemplary damages are appropriate.
- The internal report will provide valuable ammunition for the Hamiltons who have said they intend to sue Scotland Yard for unlawful arrest and detention.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 3 (hold, detain) [literary/literario] atraer* to arrest sb's attention atraer* la atención de algn
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to