Translation of arrive in Spanish:
- 1 (come)(person/train/letter/news)they've arrived!
llegar¡han llegado!summer/the moment has arrived
¡ya están aquí!ha llegado el verano/la horaspring arrived earlyla primavera se adelantóthey've just arrived from abroad/Spainacaban de llegar or volver del extranjero/de Españaflight 1702 arriving from Athensel vuelo 1702 procedente de Atenasto arrive homellegar a casato arrive
at/ inllegarto arrive at the airport/office allegar al aeropuerto/a la oficinashe arrived at her mother's housellegó a casa de su madreto arrive at a conclusion/decisionllegar a una conclusión/decisiónhow did you arrive at that figure?¿cómo llegaste a or cómo obtuviste ese resultado?to arrive in Madrid/Spainllegar a Madrid/Españathe first cherries have arrived in the shopslas primeras cerezas ya están en las tiendasto arrive onthe band arrived on stageel grupo apareció en el escenariowhen they arrived on the scenecuando aparecieron
cuando llegaronExample sentences
- Now safe from harm, he and his parents continued their journey and when they arrived in Timnah the lovers looked at each other and were pleased.
- Shehadeh had arrived in Edinburgh after a torturous journey from Ramallah which continues to bear the brunt of the Israeli occupation.
- The Varley family finally arrived in Shannon on the Sunday afternoon and Tony arrived in Westport just in time to go on stage.
- Customers on Blue Line 1 will be pleased to know that 12 new double deck buses will arrive early in November bringing much needed extra capacity on this busy route.
- The circulating nurse verifies that the implant components have arrived and brings them to the OR.
- I once ordered flowers at another florist's with the same time span for delivery and the flowers arrived on time.
- Twin babies girls arrived in Culleen recently to proud parents Pat and Mary Needham.
- It was the best Christmas present of all for a young Stromness family when baby girl Holly arrived on Boxing Day.
- The first Swindon babies of 2003 began arriving in the early hours of the year.
- 2 [colloquial] (achieve success — socially)llegar a ser alguien(actor/singer)she had arrived at the age of 30
alcanzar el éxito
triunfarya había triunfado a los 30 añosExample sentences
- However, if you struggle too much then you won't actually be able to achieve victory once you arrive.
- The Miller Glasgow International Comedy Festival has finally arrived as a major fixture in the comic calendar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.