Translation of arrive in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (come) [person/train/letter/news] llegar*; [baby] nacer*, llegar* they've arrived! ¡han llegado!, ¡ya están aquí! summer/the moment has arrived ha llegado el verano/la hora spring arrived early la primavera se adelantó they've just arrived from abroad/Spain acaban de llegar or volver del extranjero/de España flight 1702 arriving from Athens el vuelo 1702 procedente de Atenas to arrive home llegar* a casa to arrive
at/ inllegar* ato arrive at the airport/office llegar* al aeropuerto/a la oficina she arrived at her mother's house llegó a casa de su madre to arrive at a conclusion/decision llegar* a una conclusión/decisión how did you arrive at that figure? ¿cómo llegaste a or cómo obtuviste ese resultado? to arrive in Madrid/Spain llegar* a Madrid/España the first cherries have arrived in the shops las primeras cerezas ya están en las tiendasto arrive onthe band arrived on stage el grupo apareció en el escenario when they arrived on the scene cuando aparecieron, cuando llegaronExample sentences
- Now safe from harm, he and his parents continued their journey and when they arrived in Timnah the lovers looked at each other and were pleased.
- Shehadeh had arrived in Edinburgh after a torturous journey from Ramallah which continues to bear the brunt of the Israeli occupation.
- The Varley family finally arrived in Shannon on the Sunday afternoon and Tony arrived in Westport just in time to go on stage.
- Customers on Blue Line 1 will be pleased to know that 12 new double deck buses will arrive early in November bringing much needed extra capacity on this busy route.
- The circulating nurse verifies that the implant components have arrived and brings them to the OR.
- I once ordered flowers at another florist's with the same time span for delivery and the flowers arrived on time.
- Twin babies girls arrived in Culleen recently to proud parents Pat and Mary Needham.
- It was the best Christmas present of all for a young Stromness family when baby girl Holly arrived on Boxing Day.
- The first Swindon babies of 2003 began arriving in the early hours of the year.
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] (achieve success — socially) llegar* a ser alguien; [actor/singer] alcanzar* el éxito, triunfar she had arrived at the age of 30 ya había triunfado a los 30 añosExample sentences
- However, if you struggle too much then you won't actually be able to achieve victory once you arrive.
- The Miller Glasgow International Comedy Festival has finally arrived as a major fixture in the comic calendar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.