Translation of art in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (object of aesthetics)arte (masculine)art for art's sake she's studying artgen m in the singular and f in the pluralestudia Bellas ArtesRenaissance/18th century artel arte renacentista/del siglo XVIII(before noun) (class)
de arte(in school) de dibujo(cinema/film)
de arte (y ensayo)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable and countable (artwork)
- The Niland Gallery has one of the finest collections of modern Irish art in the world.
- So the labels and the catalogue are of greater importance here than in an exhibition of more modern art.
- What was striking about this year's fair was the appearance of more modern and contemporary art.
trabajos (masculine plural) artísticosan arts and crafts fairuna feria de artesanía
- She had a real flair for art and did some brilliant drawings and paintings while she was here.
- This event features a range of activities across art, music, dance and film-making.
- There is already table tennis but centre workers would like more activities, such as art projects.
- 2also: arts plural2.1the artsla cultura y las artes(before noun) arts pagesección (feminine) cultural
página (feminine) de culturaExample sentences2.2 (British) (University)
letras (feminine plural)(before noun) Arts studentestudiante (masculine or feminine) de letras
- Ingram first became involved with music and the arts through the dance program at SFU.
- The charity will also concentrate on funding the arts through sponsorship of music, ballet, opera and film.
- Boys are less likely than girls to read and take part in music and the arts.
- 3 (no plural) (skill, craft) the art of the potterel arte del ceramistaa dying/lost artun arte que se está perdiendo/que ya se ha perdidothe art of persuasion/conversationel arte de la persuasión/conversaciónI never mastered the art of hanging wallpapernunca llegué a dominar el arte del empapeladoExample sentences
- How important was the ability to practice the art of seduction for a modern spy?
- No one knows for certain in what epoch the Arabs began to practice the art of balladry.
- It's quite an art actually; it's amazing the speed that some of these line managers can work at.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.