Translation of art in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (object of aesthetics)art for art's sake she's studying artgen m in the singular and f in the pluralRenaissance/18th century artestudia Bellas Artesel arte renacentista/del siglo XVIII(before noun) (class)de arte(in school)de dibujo(cinema/film)art school o collegede arte (y ensayo)escuela (feminine) de Bellas Artes(for minor arts)escuela (feminine) de Artes y OficiosExample sentences1.2 uncountable and countable
(artwork)an arts and crafts fairtrabajos (masculine plural) artísticosuna feria de artesaníaExample sentences
- She had a real flair for art and did some brilliant drawings and paintings while she was here.
- This event features a range of activities across art, music, dance and film-making.
- There is already table tennis but centre workers would like more activities, such as art projects.
- The Niland Gallery has one of the finest collections of modern Irish art in the world.
- So the labels and the catalogue are of greater importance here than in an exhibition of more modern art.
- What was striking about this year's fair was the appearance of more modern and contemporary art.
- 2also: arts plural2.1the arts(before noun) arts pagela cultura y las artes2.2sección (feminine) culturalpágina (feminine) de cultura(British English) (Univ)(before noun) Arts studentletras (feminine plural)estudiante (masculine and feminine) de letrasExample sentences
- Ingram first became involved with music and the arts through the dance program at SFU.
- The charity will also concentrate on funding the arts through sponsorship of music, ballet, opera and film.
- Boys are less likely than girls to read and take part in music and the arts.
- 3 (no plural)(skill, craft)the art of the pottera dying/lost artel arte del ceramistathe art of persuasion/conversationun arte que se está perdiendo/que ya se ha perdidoI never mastered the art of hanging wallpaperel arte de la persuasión/conversaciónnunca llegué a dominar el arte del empapeladoExample sentences
- How important was the ability to practice the art of seduction for a modern spy?
- No one knows for certain in what epoch the Arabs began to practice the art of balladry.
- It's quite an art actually; it's amazing the speed that some of these line managers can work at.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than