- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (object of aesthetics) arte (masculine) gen m in the singular and f in the plural art for art's sake el arte por el arte she's studying art estudia Bellas Artes Renaissance/18th century art el arte renacentista/del siglo XVIII (before noun/delante del nombre) [class] de arte; (in school) de dibujo; [cinema/film] de arte (y ensayo) art school o college escuela (feminine) de Bellas Artes (for minor arts) escuela (feminine) de Artes y OficiosMore example sentences1.2 u and c (artwork) trabajos (masculine plural) artísticos an arts and crafts fair una feria de artesanía
More example sentences
- She had a real flair for art and did some brilliant drawings and paintings while she was here.
- This event features a range of activities across art, music, dance and film-making.
- There is already table tennis but centre workers would like more activities, such as art projects.
- The Niland Gallery has one of the finest collections of modern Irish art in the world.
- So the labels and the catalogue are of greater importance here than in an exhibition of more modern art.
- What was striking about this year's fair was the appearance of more modern and contemporary art.
- 2(arts plural)2.1the arts la cultura y las artes (before noun/delante del nombre) arts page sección (feminine) cultural, página (feminine) de cultura 2.2 (British English/inglés británico) [Univ] letras (feminine plural) (before noun/delante del nombre) Arts student estudiante (masculine and feminine) de letrasMore example sentences
- Ingram first became involved with music and the arts through the dance program at SFU.
- The charity will also concentrate on funding the arts through sponsorship of music, ballet, opera and film.
- Boys are less likely than girls to read and take part in music and the arts.
- 3 (no plural/sin plural) (skill, craft) arte (masculine) the art of the potter el arte del ceramista a dying/lost art un arte que se está perdiendo/que ya se ha perdido the art of persuasion/conversation el arte de la persuasión/conversación I never mastered the art of hanging wallpaper nunca llegué a dominar el arte del empapeladoMore example sentences
- How important was the ability to practice the art of seduction for a modern spy?
- No one knows for certain in what epoch the Arabs began to practice the art of balladry.
- It's quite an art actually; it's amazing the speed that some of these line managers can work at.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.