Translation of artery in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] arteria (feminine)Example sentences1.2 [Transport/Transporte] carretera (feminine) importante
- Most are caused by a blood clot that forms in the veins, before passing through the heart and entering the arteries that carry blood to the lungs.
- Thus the fetus grows its own umbilical cord, containing its own blood vessels: two arteries and a single vein.
- Over time, it can cause damage to the heart and arteries and other body organs.
- During the Dutch colonial era this river was an important artery in the city.
- It links two main arteries of the West Coast route: the line to Manchester via Stafford and Crewe and the line via Stoke on Trent.
- This road is the main artery between Windhoek, southern Namibia and South Africa.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.