noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] arteria (feminine)More example sentences1.2 [Transport/Transporte] carretera (feminine) importante
More example sentences
- Most are caused by a blood clot that forms in the veins, before passing through the heart and entering the arteries that carry blood to the lungs.
- Thus the fetus grows its own umbilical cord, containing its own blood vessels: two arteries and a single vein.
- Over time, it can cause damage to the heart and arteries and other body organs.
- During the Dutch colonial era this river was an important artery in the city.
- It links two main arteries of the West Coast route: the line to Manchester via Stafford and Crewe and the line via Stoke on Trent.
- This road is the main artery between Windhoek, southern Namibia and South Africa.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.