n (pl -ries)
- 1.1 [Anat] arteria (f)More example sentences1.2 [Transp] carretera (f) importante
More example sentences
- Most are caused by a blood clot that forms in the veins, before passing through the heart and entering the arteries that carry blood to the lungs.
- Thus the fetus grows its own umbilical cord, containing its own blood vessels: two arteries and a single vein.
- Over time, it can cause damage to the heart and arteries and other body organs.
- During the Dutch colonial era this river was an important artery in the city.
- It links two main arteries of the West Coast route: the line to Manchester via Stafford and Crewe and the line via Stoke on Trent.
- This road is the main artery between Windhoek, southern Namibia and South Africa.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.