Translation of article in Spanish:
- 1 (thing, item) artículo (masculine), objeto (masculine) an article of clothing una prenda (de vestir) luxury articles artículos de lujo this is malt whisky, the genuine article esto es auténtico whisky de maltaExample sentences
- From household articles to children's toys and leather products to paper creations, there are products for every purse and taste.
- The training activities for women will be expanded from tailoring to beautician training, and the repair of household articles.
- Inside are a few photographs of Dr. Kalam, some furniture, other household articles and a visitor's book.
- 2 (in newspaper, encyclopedia) article (
ono aboutsth/sb) artículo (masculine)( sobrealgo/algn)Example sentences
- Her one-sided piece is written purely from newspaper reports and magazine articles.
- In my class, instead of the typical reading and writing assignments we read newspaper and magazine articles, and wrote letters to the editor.
- It was the lead on the television news and was reported in prominent front-page articles in most newspapers.
- 3 (clause) artículo (masculine) the Articles of the Constitution (American English/inglés norteamericano) los Artículos de la Constitución articles of association (British English/inglés británico) estatutos (masculine plural) sociales article of faith artículo de fe The Thirty-Nine Articles[ los 39 artículos de fe de la Iglesia Anglicana ]
- 4, [Linguistics/Lingüística] artículo (masculine) definite/indefinite article artículo determinado/indeterminadoExample sentences
- Literally translated into English, without articles, definite or indefinite, it becomes ‘return home occasional book’.
- What I do distinctly recall is the labor of pushing around nouns, verbs, adjectives, articles.
- English is the only Indo-European language in Europe with no gender marking on articles or nouns - ever notice that?
- 5(articles plural)(apprenticeship) (no article/sin artículo) aprendizaje (masculine) to be in o under articles with sb hacer* el aprendizaje con algnExample sentences
- He graduated with a B.Proc and then an LLB from the University of Transkei, taking evening courses so that he could do his articles at the Unitra legal aid clinic during the day.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...