- 1.1 [cream/flowers/silk] artificial; [leather] sintético artificial insemination inseminación (feminine) artificial artificial intelligence inteligencia (feminine) artificial artificial kidney riñón (masculine) artificial artificial leg pierna (feminine) ortopédicaMore example sentences1.2 (contrived) [situation] artificial; [distinction/objection] rebuscado
More example sentences1.3 (insincere, unnatural) [smile] afectado, forzado; [person] falso, afectado; [manner] afectado, poco natural
- This system uses ambient light rather than an artificial light source.
- He also makes a point of using liqueur ingredients with natural rather than artificial flavorings.
- Natural and artificial light is reflected from the polished and honed surfaces of the stone clad interior.
More example sentences
- He went on to call the situation ‘an artificial crisis,’ caused by an increased demand resulting from all the publicity.
- Admittedly, it was an artificial situation because the operator knew what the problem was and what sequence of keys was needed to cause the fault.
- That would be to limit the operation of the provision to artificial situations, for which there is no justification either in principle or in the language used.
- Straight through her flawless appearance and extraordinary manners I saw an artificial person.
- It's filled with artificial people, with solemn, fake smiles, empty eyes, and briefcases.
- Their smiles aren't real, they are artificial, paid for by him.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.