Translation of artificial in Spanish:
- 1.1 [cream/flowers/silk] artificial; [leather] sintético artificial leg pierna (feminine) ortopédicaExample sentences1.2 (contrived) [situation] artificial; [distinction/objection] rebuscado
Example sentences1.3 (insincere, unnatural) [smile] afectado, forzado; [person] falso, afectado; [manner] afectado, poco natural
- This system uses ambient light rather than an artificial light source.
- He also makes a point of using liqueur ingredients with natural rather than artificial flavorings.
- Natural and artificial light is reflected from the polished and honed surfaces of the stone clad interior.
- He went on to call the situation ‘an artificial crisis,’ caused by an increased demand resulting from all the publicity.
- Admittedly, it was an artificial situation because the operator knew what the problem was and what sequence of keys was needed to cause the fault.
- That would be to limit the operation of the provision to artificial situations, for which there is no justification either in principle or in the language used.
- Straight through her flawless appearance and extraordinary manners I saw an artificial person.
- It's filled with artificial people, with solemn, fake smiles, empty eyes, and briefcases.
- Their smiles aren't real, they are artificial, paid for by him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas