- 1.1 [cream/flowers/silk] artificial; [leather] sintético artificial leg pierna (feminine) ortopédicaMore example sentences1.2 (contrived) [situation] artificial; [distinction/objection] rebuscado
More example sentences1.3 (insincere, unnatural) [smile] afectado, forzado; [person] falso, afectado; [manner] afectado, poco natural
- This system uses ambient light rather than an artificial light source.
- He also makes a point of using liqueur ingredients with natural rather than artificial flavorings.
- Natural and artificial light is reflected from the polished and honed surfaces of the stone clad interior.
More example sentences
- He went on to call the situation ‘an artificial crisis,’ caused by an increased demand resulting from all the publicity.
- Admittedly, it was an artificial situation because the operator knew what the problem was and what sequence of keys was needed to cause the fault.
- That would be to limit the operation of the provision to artificial situations, for which there is no justification either in principle or in the language used.
- Straight through her flawless appearance and extraordinary manners I saw an artificial person.
- It's filled with artificial people, with solemn, fake smiles, empty eyes, and briefcases.
- Their smiles aren't real, they are artificial, paid for by him.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.