- 1.1 (weapons) artillería (f) heavy artillery artillería pesadaMore example sentences1.2 (branch of army) (+ sing o pl vb) the artillery la artillería
More example sentences
- From ahead came the rumble of heavy artillery fire off to the west and the east.
- British forces took its airport and a bridge, but Iraqi forces resisted with artillery and heavy machine guns.
- Thousands were killed from heavy artillery fire and constant aerial bombardment by the Nazis.
- The mortar platoon is the personal artillery battery for the battalion commander.
- Together with the armour, artillery and infantry, the Royal Engineers form one of the combat elements of the army.
- Reinforced with artillery the Kwantung Army tried again on 23 July, but were again checked.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.