- 1.1 (weapons) artillería (feminine) heavy artillery artillería pesadaMore example sentences1.2 (branch of army) (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) the artillery la artillería
More example sentences
- From ahead came the rumble of heavy artillery fire off to the west and the east.
- British forces took its airport and a bridge, but Iraqi forces resisted with artillery and heavy machine guns.
- Thousands were killed from heavy artillery fire and constant aerial bombardment by the Nazis.
- The mortar platoon is the personal artillery battery for the battalion commander.
- Together with the armour, artillery and infantry, the Royal Engineers form one of the combat elements of the army.
- Reinforced with artillery the Kwantung Army tried again on 23 July, but were again checked.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.