- 1.1 (weapons) artillería (feminine) heavy artillery artillería pesadaMore example sentences1.2 (branch of army) (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) the artillery la artillería
More example sentences
- From ahead came the rumble of heavy artillery fire off to the west and the east.
- British forces took its airport and a bridge, but Iraqi forces resisted with artillery and heavy machine guns.
- Thousands were killed from heavy artillery fire and constant aerial bombardment by the Nazis.
- The mortar platoon is the personal artillery battery for the battalion commander.
- Together with the armour, artillery and infantry, the Royal Engineers form one of the combat elements of the army.
- Reinforced with artillery the Kwantung Army tried again on 23 July, but were again checked.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.