Translation of ascend in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo[formal]
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [formal] [steps] subir; [mountain] escalar, subir a to ascend the throne subir or [formal] ascender* al tronoExample sentences
- Upon entering and ascending the stairs, we checked our coats and stepped into what would become quite the memorable evening.
- A few minutes (hours, millennia) later, the security guard ascended the stairs behind me.
- At the end of the interval he ascended the stairs.
- The climbers will ascend the mountains of Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in England and Snowdon in Wales as part of their trek.
- This meant that in a 43-year period, 61 Chinese mountaineers have ascended the peak on 14 occasions.
- However, a botanist who climbed many peaks in Colorado, Edwin James, ascended the mountain in 1820.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.