Translation of ascend in Spanish:
- 1.1(person/rocket)He ascended into heaven
ascender [formal]subió a los cielosExample sentences1.2
also: ascending present participle(slope/spiral/scale)in ascending order
- The climbers will ascend the mountains of Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in England and Snowdon in Wales as part of their trek.
- This meant that in a 43-year period, 61 Chinese mountaineers have ascended the peak on 14 occasions.
- However, a botanist who climbed many peaks in Colorado, Edwin James, ascended the mountain in 1820.
ascendenteen orden ascendente
subir(mountain)to ascend the throne
subir asubir or [formal] ascender al tronoExample sentences
- Upon entering and ascending the stairs, we checked our coats and stepped into what would become quite the memorable evening.
- A few minutes (hours, millennia) later, the security guard ascended the stairs behind me.
- At the end of the interval he ascended the stairs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.