- [formal] [steps] subir; [mountain] escalar, subir a to ascend the throne subir or [formal] ascender* al tronoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Upon entering and ascending the stairs, we checked our coats and stepped into what would become quite the memorable evening.
- A few minutes (hours, millennia) later, the security guard ascended the stairs behind me.
- At the end of the interval he ascended the stairs.
- The climbers will ascend the mountains of Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in England and Snowdon in Wales as part of their trek.
- This meant that in a 43-year period, 61 Chinese mountaineers have ascended the peak on 14 occasions.
- However, a botanist who climbed many peaks in Colorado, Edwin James, ascended the mountain in 1820.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)