Translation of asphyxiate in Spanish:
- Example sentences
- Steam rose from all directions, billowing into swirls, each a threatening tentacle ready to choke, suffocate, asphyxiate me.
- The kids and I enjoyed having her company, apart from the fact that she just about asphyxiated us all each morning with the amount of hair spray she was using.
- We all know someone who's very closeness can almost asphyxiate us right?
- asfixiarseExample sentences
- Interestingly enough, both writers are suicides - Hemingway shot himself and Plath asphyxiated in a gas oven.
- Steve was a good friend I lost last year; he asphyxiated and/or drowned at Soda Springs up in Napa.
- Her children's allergy to the sun means they must live in near darkness: anything stronger than candlelight will cause the kids to break out in boils and then asphyxiate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.