- 1 (donkey) [literary]jumento (masculine) [literary]Example sentences
- Need I remind you gentlemen, that an ass is a donkey.
- Then be called ten times a donkey, and a mule, and an ass, and begone, or I'll clear the world of thee!
- But did Avraham sell Sara to an imperial Pharaoh in exchange for sheep, cattle, donkeys, servants, maids, asses, and camels?!
- 2 (idiot) [colloquial] you silly ass!¡zopenco! [colloquial]¡burro! [colloquial]he made an ass of himselfquedó como un imbécil or idiota
quedó en ridículoExample sentences
- The silly ass asked the electors: ‘Who governs Britain?’
- They are seen for the foolish bunch of asses that they are.
- The fact might well be forgotten, but there are stupid asses who will not let us forget it.
- (US) [vulgar] (part of body)culo (masculine) [colloquial] (in some regions vulgar)get your ass over here!¡ven aquí, carajo or coño! [vulgar]to bust one's assromperse el culo [vulgar]to get one's ass in(to) gearponerse las pilas [colloquial]atorarle (Mexico) [colloquial]dejarse de boludear (Río de la Plata) [vulgar]dejarse de huevear (Chile) [vulgar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.