- 1 1.1 (donkey) [literario/literary] asno (m), jumento (m) [literario/literary]More example sentences1.2 (idiot) [colloquial/familiar] imbécil (mf), idiota (mf) you silly ass! ¡zopenco! [familiar/colloquial], ¡burro! [familiar/colloquial] he made an ass of himself quedó como un imbécil or idiota, quedó en ridículo
More example sentences
- Need I remind you gentlemen, that an ass is a donkey.
- Then be called ten times a donkey, and a mule, and an ass, and begone, or I'll clear the world of thee!
- But did Avraham sell Sara to an imperial Pharaoh in exchange for sheep, cattle, donkeys, servants, maids, asses, and camels?!
- The silly ass asked the electors: ‘Who governs Britain?’
- They are seen for the foolish bunch of asses that they are.
- The fact might well be forgotten, but there are stupid asses who will not let us forget it.
- 2 (part of body) (AmE) [vulgar], culo (m) [fam: en algunas regiones vulg] get your ass over here! ¡ven aquí, carajo or coño! [vulgar] to bust one's ass romperse* el culo [vulgar] to get one's ass in(to) gear ponerse* las pilas [familiar/colloquial], atorarle (Méx) [familiar/colloquial], dejarse de boludear (RPl) or (Chi) de huevear [vulgar]
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.