Translation of assail in Spanish:
- [formal] she was assailed by a group of journalistsun grupo de periodistas se abalanzó sobre ella or la asedióI was assailed by doubtsme asaltaron las dudasa feeling of helplessness assailed herla invadió una sensación de impotenciaExample sentences
- They approached warily, as though the food might leap up and assail their gullets violently.
- Only then would the Assault Transports assail the station with their mere 250 Marines.
- As one historian wrote, ‘All forms of property were assailed, all signs of wealth and privilege were attacked.’
- Mixed feelings could assail you in relation to love.
- New emotions assailed her so strongly she dropped to her knees with a moan.
- He slid his arm around her and pulled her closer, closing his eyes under the feelings assailing him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.