- 1 u and c [Law/Derecho] 1.1 (violence) agresión (feminine) assault and battery agresión con lesiones 1.2 (molestation) agresión (feminine) sexual, ataque (masculine) contra la libertad sexual; (rape) violación (feminine)More example sentences
- Less than three weeks later he was reported for a physical assault on a young boy.
- Physical assault on women by intimate partners is recognized widely as a leading cause of injury to women in the United States.
- Other recent violent attacks include an assault on a couple who asked two boys to switch off their mobile phones during a film.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 [Military/Militar] asalto (masculine), ataque (masculine) to make an assault on sth atacar* algo (before noun/delante del nombre) assault craft barcaza (feminine) de asalto assault troops tropas (feminine plural) de asalto 2.2 (onslaught) assault (
onsth) ataque (masculine)( aalgo), arremetida (feminine)( contraalgo) an assault on Everest un intento de escalar el Everest the firm is preparing for an assault on the market la empresa se dispone a conquistar el mercadoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- After breakfast, and another sitting, I bundled up and attempted the assault on Marga Point.
- These are hectic days for him and the Irish Chamber Orchestra is now primed for a serious assault on the competitive world of concert performances.
- On another occasion during his 11-month tour he led three assaults on an enemy position until it finally fell.
- He might have escaped when the boats first started the assault on the house.
- A military assault on the country cannot be ruled out - at least in the long term.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.