- 1 1.1 (appoint) to assign sb
tosth nombrar or designar a algn paraalgo, asignar a algn aalgo a detective was assigned to the case se nombró a un detective para que se ocupara del casoMore example sentences1.2 (allocate) asignar she was assigned an office on the third floor le fue asignado un despacho en el tercer piso he was assigned three assistants le asignaron tres ayudantes on the day assigned for the trial en el día fijado or señalado para el juicio
More example sentences
- After a vacation in Ireland he was assigned to promotion work in the Diocese of Clonfert until 1964.
- I was actually assigned to study journalism and did not choose to be a journalist on my own.
- He was assigned to the daily personal care of the most profoundly disabled member of the house.
More example sentences1.3 (ascribe) [formal] [importance] dar*, conceder
- For students such as that, I will assign a special job for the summer production.
- ‘Good,’ he continued, as his mom brought in some more snacks, ‘Lets begin by assigning jobs.’
- Some things you need to discuss in the first few meetings include: venue, assigning jobs, creating a name for the festival, and organizing fundraising.
More example sentences
- Specific streets and roads are assigned for selling specific goods.
- You can reprogram the keys to launch different programs, open specific folder or assign URLs.
- ‘We will assign a specific recovery room suite to them and they're the only ones with access to it,’ Siefried said.
- Imagine if you could assign attributes to any file by speech.
- His societal levels for prehistoric societies are arbitrary at best; he assigns incorrect dates to events; and attributes significance to events that are debatable.
- A district court judge later assigned the case to Noelle, a former attorney with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission now in private practice.
- 2 (transfer) [Law/Derecho] to assign sth
tosb [right/interest] cederle algo aalgnMore example sentences
- Presumably, rights under the tenancy could be assigned, but the transfer of burdens would be ruled out by the privity of contract rules.
- No order, nor any part order issued by the Company shall be assigned, sublet or transferred without the prior consent in writing of the Company.
- The employer executes a deed of assignment in standard form assigning legal ownership of the policies to each of the employees concerned and the insurers are notified accordingly.
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.
- [Law/Derecho] assigneeMore example sentences
- If that seems desirable, consider providing that the lease is binding on the landlord's heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors or assigns.
- This Agreement provided that the terms of the agreement would be binding upon the Township and its successors or assigns.
- The rights and obligations of the Company hereunder shall accrue to its successor and assigns.