- 1 1.1 (appoint)to assign somebody
tosomethingnombrar or designar a alguiena detective was assigned to the case paraalgo
asignar a alguien
aalgose nombró a un detective para que se ocupara del casoExample sentences1.2 (allocate) she was assigned an office on the third floor
le fue asignado un despacho en el tercer pisohe was assigned three assistantsle asignaron tres ayudanteson the day assigned for the trialen el día fijado or señalado para el juicioExample sentences
- After a vacation in Ireland he was assigned to promotion work in the Diocese of Clonfert until 1964.
- I was actually assigned to study journalism and did not choose to be a journalist on my own.
- He was assigned to the daily personal care of the most profoundly disabled member of the house.
Example sentences1.3 (ascribe) [formal]
- For students such as that, I will assign a special job for the summer production.
- ‘Good,’ he continued, as his mom brought in some more snacks, ‘Lets begin by assigning jobs.’
- Some things you need to discuss in the first few meetings include: venue, assigning jobs, creating a name for the festival, and organizing fundraising.
- Specific streets and roads are assigned for selling specific goods.
- You can reprogram the keys to launch different programs, open specific folder or assign URLs.
- ‘We will assign a specific recovery room suite to them and they're the only ones with access to it,’ Siefried said.
- Imagine if you could assign attributes to any file by speech.
- His societal levels for prehistoric societies are arbitrary at best; he assigns incorrect dates to events; and attributes significance to events that are debatable.
- A district court judge later assigned the case to Noelle, a former attorney with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission now in private practice.
- 2 (transfer) (Law)to assign something
- Presumably, rights under the tenancy could be assigned, but the transfer of burdens would be ruled out by the privity of contract rules.
- No order, nor any part order issued by the Company shall be assigned, sublet or transferred without the prior consent in writing of the Company.
- The employer executes a deed of assignment in standard form assigning legal ownership of the policies to each of the employees concerned and the insurers are notified accordingly.
- (Law) → assigneeExample sentences
- If that seems desirable, consider providing that the lease is binding on the landlord's heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors or assigns.
- This Agreement provided that the terms of the agreement would be binding upon the Township and its successors or assigns.
- The rights and obligations of the Company hereunder shall accrue to its successor and assigns.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.