Translation of assimilate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (absorb) [information/food/fluid] asimilarto be assimilated
intosth many foreign influences have been assimilated into our culture nuestra cultura ha asimilado muchas influencias extranjerasExample sentences
- Therefore, after an introduction during staff orientation and some hands-on experience in the first week or two, staff members will have a better context and foundation for assimilating the information.
- The committee, which is still working on firming their plans, is now assimilating the information on the alumni and how they plan to contribute to the university.
- The mother of four said using games and learning exercises to improve children's self esteem helped them assimilate information quicker, improve concentration and enhance natural talent.
Example sentences1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) to assimilate sth
- As these pagan cultures were forcibly assimilated by Christian society, some of their original beliefs were blended with the new religion.
- They missed out on education before they even came here and it's extremely difficult for them to be assimilated into mainstream society.
- The danger exists that universities will be so assimilated into society that we will no longer be the kind of collectors of talent that allow creativity to blossom.
- At the same time, there is a stimulation to the growth of health-friendly, aerobic bacteria which help you digest and assimilate the needed nutrients.
- He could not assimilate the nutrients in food even if he had an appetite.
- In fact, they say, nobody knows what the correct quantity of these medicines for children is or how their systems assimilate the drugs.
tosth [consonant/vowel] asimilar algo aalgoExample sentences
- In most circumstances, long u is music-u, the initial i glide being assimilated to produce truth-u only after certain consonants.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an