Translation of assist in Spanish:
- to assist somebody
with/ insomethingayudar or [formal] asistir a alguiena man is assisting the police with their inquiries enalgola policía está interrogando a un sospechosoto assist somebody in -ingayudar a alguienshe assisted them in organizing the conference a+ infinitivelos ayudó a organizar la conferenciaExample sentences
- She has also assisted at blood donor sessions in the town, and only stopped doing that in March.
- She also very graciously assisted in the awards presentation that was done around the pool on the Saturday evening.
- No subtitles are present to assist, although they would be welcome when the Australian accents are prevalent.
- 1.1 (help)to assist
with/ insomethingayudar enalgoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (be present) [formal]to assist
- Davis said the police were assisting the people to transport their belongings to their various homes and would also assist in the clean-up.
- Likewise he is banned from encouraging, inciting or assisting any person to commit any acts of anti-social behaviour.
- The sickness and invalids benefit strategy is showing encouraging results in assisting people to recover and return to employment.
- I would urge anyone who has information which could assist police to come forward.
- In urging the public to assist the police with information, Paul said crime was the business of all law-abiding persons.
- There is no general obligation on health professionals to disclose confidential information in order to assist the police with the investigation of crimes.
- 1.1 (Sport)Example sentences1.2 (contributory achievement)
- During the first couple decades of the 20th century, box scores listed individual assists and putouts but not RBI.
- Ironically, his largest splash was made with his arm, as he had two outfield assists in just five games.
- You don't have to rely on teammates for an assist, there's no variance in the shot's distance, and there is no defender.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.