Translation of assist in Spanish:
- to assist somebody
with/ insomethingayudar or [formal] asistir a alguiena man is assisting the police with their inquiries enalgola policía está interrogando a un sospechosoto assist somebody in -ingayudar a alguienshe assisted them in organizing the conference a+ infinitivelos ayudó a organizar la conferenciaExample sentences
- She has also assisted at blood donor sessions in the town, and only stopped doing that in March.
- She also very graciously assisted in the awards presentation that was done around the pool on the Saturday evening.
- No subtitles are present to assist, although they would be welcome when the Australian accents are prevalent.
- 1 (help)to assist
with/ insomethingayudar enalgoExample sentences
- Davis said the police were assisting the people to transport their belongings to their various homes and would also assist in the clean-up.
- Likewise he is banned from encouraging, inciting or assisting any person to commit any acts of anti-social behaviour.
- The sickness and invalids benefit strategy is showing encouraging results in assisting people to recover and return to employment.
- I would urge anyone who has information which could assist police to come forward.
- In urging the public to assist the police with information, Paul said crime was the business of all law-abiding persons.
- There is no general obligation on health professionals to disclose confidential information in order to assist the police with the investigation of crimes.
- 1 (Sport)Example sentences
- During the first couple decades of the 20th century, box scores listed individual assists and putouts but not RBI.
- Ironically, his largest splash was made with his arm, as he had two outfield assists in just five games.
- You don't have to rely on teammates for an assist, there's no variance in the shot's distance, and there is no defender.
- 2 (contributory achievement)(American English)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.