Translation of assistant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in shop) dependiente, (masculine, feminine), empleado, (masculine, feminine) (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (subordinate, helper) ayudante (masculine and feminine) clerical assistant auxiliar administrativo, (masculine, feminine) managerial assistant ayudante (masculine and feminine) de dirección 1.3
- The jobs on offer range from betting assistants to managers of off-course betting centres.
- The company has taken on retail managers, cashiers and assistants and is already doing a roaring trade.
- All hurling team managers, their assistants and parents are asked to attend.
(language assistant)(British English/inglés británico) (in university) ayudante (masculine and feminine) or (Spain/España) lector, (masculine, feminine); (in school) auxiliar (masculine and feminine) de lengua
- He went to work as an administrative assistant with a legitimate arms dealer but failed to impress.
- She returned to the store and, with the help of a more sympathetic assistant, found a wig she liked.
- The equally sheepish assistant fiddled with the mouse and looked blankly at the screen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.