Translation of assistant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in shop) dependiente, (masculine, feminine), empleado, (masculine, feminine) (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (subordinate, helper) ayudante (masculine and feminine) clerical assistant auxiliar administrativo, (masculine, feminine) managerial assistant ayudante (masculine and feminine) de dirección 1.3
- The jobs on offer range from betting assistants to managers of off-course betting centres.
- The company has taken on retail managers, cashiers and assistants and is already doing a roaring trade.
- All hurling team managers, their assistants and parents are asked to attend.
(language assistant)(British English/inglés británico) (in university) ayudante (masculine and feminine) or (Spain/España) lector, (masculine, feminine); (in school) auxiliar (masculine and feminine) de lengua
- He went to work as an administrative assistant with a legitimate arms dealer but failed to impress.
- She returned to the store and, with the help of a more sympathetic assistant, found a wig she liked.
- The equally sheepish assistant fiddled with the mouse and looked blankly at the screen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.