Translation of assistant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in shop)dependiente, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)empleado, (-da) (masculine, feminine) (Latin America)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (subordinate, helper) clerical assistant
- The jobs on offer range from betting assistants to managers of off-course betting centres.
- The company has taken on retail managers, cashiers and assistants and is already doing a roaring trade.
- All hurling team managers, their assistants and parents are asked to attend.
managerial assistant 1.3auxiliar administrativo, (-va) (masculine, feminine)also: language assistant(British English) (in university)ayudante (masculine and feminine) or (Spain) lector, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)(in school)auxiliar (masculine and feminine) de lengua
- He went to work as an administrative assistant with a legitimate arms dealer but failed to impress.
- She returned to the store and, with the help of a more sympathetic assistant, found a wig she liked.
- The equally sheepish assistant fiddled with the mouse and looked blankly at the screen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.