Translation of association in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (organization) trade o trading associationExample sentences1.2 countable or uncountable (relationship) freedom of association
associationlibertad (feminine) de asociación
- Article 130 provides that ministers cannot form associations for political purposes or rally in favor of or against any candidate, political party or association.
- Few in democratic societies dispute the right of citizens to come together in peaceful associations to pursue common purposes.
- The visit concluded with a joint committee of both associations on Sunday morning.
withsomebody/somethingin association with (as preposition)relación conalguien/algoen asociación conExample sentences1.3 countable or uncountable (mental link) association of ideas what associations does the word have for you?
I didn't make the association between the product and the company¿con qué asocias la palabra?no asocié el producto con la compañíaExample sentences
- Planning has started, with steering committees being set up in each state in association with other professional and industry associations.
- The council is organising similar events in association with residents' associations, at estates around the town.
- In association with Avinashilingam University, it conducted a seminar on ‘Legal awareness and prime steps’ for the college students recently.
- Well, this scent is not a smell that is detected with the nose; it is an information scent, based on our mental associations between concepts.
- It's a good idea to make mental associations between their appearance and their name.
- The music will also explore the associations between the church and the neighbouring Abbey, which was founded by Richard, Earl of Cornwall in the 13 th century.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the