Translation of assumption in Spanish:
- 1 countable (supposition) the assumption was that everyone would be therese suponía que todo el mundo iba a estar allíI assumed that you would agree — that was a big assumption to make!supuse que ibas a estar de acuerdo — ¡supusiste demasiado!her assumption that they were French was wrongse equivocó al suponer que eran franceseshis reasoning is based on the assumption that …su razonamiento se basa en el supuesto or la suposición de que …she agreed on the assumption that …accedió suponiendo que …Example sentences
- Unless all of these assumptions are true, mass surveillance would be of very little help.
- These rules are complicated and couples in divorce proceedings should make no assumptions.
- Perhaps you should question your own assumptions about that before you go poking about in mine.
- 2 uncountable [formal] 2.1 (of duties, leadership, responsibility) assumption of officetoma (feminine) de posesión del cargoExample sentences2.2 (of title, right)
- The judiciary was badly split by the military's May 29 assumption of executive power.
- Others welcomed Hitler's assumption of power, seeing in it a chance to advance their own careers.
- There are a number of references in the speeches in this case to voluntary assumption of responsibility.
- 3 (Religion)the AssumptionExample sentences
- His Requiem Mass was celebrated in the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- The Virgin birth, the bodily Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Resurrection of Jesus, the survival of our own souls after death: these are all claims of a clearly scientific nature.
- Pope Pius XII infallibly proclaimed the doctrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary on 1 November 1950.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.