- 1 countable/numerable (supposition) the assumption was that everyone would be there se suponía que todo el mundo iba a estar allí I assumed that you would agree — that was a big assumption to make! supuse que ibas a estar de acuerdo — ¡supusiste demasiado! her assumption that they were French was wrong se equivocó al suponer que eran franceses his reasoning is based on the assumption that … su razonamiento se basa en el supuesto or la suposición de que … she agreed on the assumption that … accedió suponiendo que …More example sentences
- Unless all of these assumptions are true, mass surveillance would be of very little help.
- These rules are complicated and couples in divorce proceedings should make no assumptions.
- Perhaps you should question your own assumptions about that before you go poking about in mine.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [formal] 2.1 (of duties, leadership, responsibility) asunción (feminine) assumption of office toma (feminine) de posesión del cargo 2.2 (of title, right) asunción (feminine)More example sentences
- The judiciary was badly split by the military's May 29 assumption of executive power.
- Others welcomed Hitler's assumption of power, seeing in it a chance to advance their own careers.
- There are a number of references in the speeches in this case to voluntary assumption of responsibility.
- 3(Assumption)[Religion/Religión] the Assumption la AsunciónMore example sentences
- His Requiem Mass was celebrated in the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- The Virgin birth, the bodily Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Resurrection of Jesus, the survival of our own souls after death: these are all claims of a clearly scientific nature.
- Pope Pius XII infallibly proclaimed the doctrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary on 1 November 1950.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.