Translation of assumption in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (supposition) the assumption was that everyone would be there se suponía que todo el mundo iba a estar allí I assumed that you would agree — that was a big assumption to make! supuse que ibas a estar de acuerdo — ¡supusiste demasiado! her assumption that they were French was wrong se equivocó al suponer que eran franceses his reasoning is based on the assumption that … su razonamiento se basa en el supuesto or la suposición de que … she agreed on the assumption that … accedió suponiendo que …Example sentences
- Unless all of these assumptions are true, mass surveillance would be of very little help.
- These rules are complicated and couples in divorce proceedings should make no assumptions.
- Perhaps you should question your own assumptions about that before you go poking about in mine.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [formal] 2.1 (of duties, leadership, responsibility) asunción (feminine) assumption of office toma (feminine) de posesión del cargo 2.2 (of title, right) asunción (feminine)Example sentences
- The judiciary was badly split by the military's May 29 assumption of executive power.
- Others welcomed Hitler's assumption of power, seeing in it a chance to advance their own careers.
- There are a number of references in the speeches in this case to voluntary assumption of responsibility.
- 3 [Religion/Religión] the Assumption la AsunciónExample sentences
- His Requiem Mass was celebrated in the Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- The Virgin birth, the bodily Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Resurrection of Jesus, the survival of our own souls after death: these are all claims of a clearly scientific nature.
- Pope Pius XII infallibly proclaimed the doctrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary on 1 November 1950.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.