Translation of assurance in Spanish:
- 1 countable (guarantee) she gave me her assurance that it would be finished on timeme aseguró or me garantizó que se terminaría a tiempoyou have our assurance on thatse lo aseguramos or se lo garantizamos
de eso puede estar usted tranquiloExample sentences
- Safety assurances cannot be guaranteed because there is always a first time for incidents to happen.
- Oral guarantees or assurances are worthless should a dispute arise in the future.
- Some analysts and Western diplomats, however, are skeptical of their assurances.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (self-confidence)seguridad (feminine) en sí mismo2.2 (certainty)Example sentences
- He belonged to a unique generation of Irish people whose strength and assurance lay in their ability to think for themselves.
- He was in determined mood and quickly established dominance of his area, however, despatching Salford shots with a confidence and assurance which belied his inexperience.
- He has also got organisational capabilities, he is a winner and he oozes confidence and assurance.
- And it's a wonderful thing to have that kind of peace and assurance and joy and certainty.
- I sometimes look with envy on those whose faith brings comfort and assurance.
- On the one hand, I wish I had this woman's faith, her assurance about good and evil, about the way things will turn out.
- 3 uncountable (insurance)(British English)
seguro (masculine)Example sentences
- Following a slow start to the year, recruitment levels in the insurance, assurance and reinsurance industries have picked up significantly this month.
- Most lenders require mortgage holders to take out term assurance policies - a simple form of life insurance which pays off the mortgage debt if the holder dies.
- Anyone who is self-employed or not a member of a company pension scheme can buy life assurance protection via a personal pension assurance policy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.