Translation of assurance in Spanish:
- 1 countable (guarantee) See examples: she gave me her assurance that it would be finished on timeyou have our assurance on thatme aseguró or me garantizó que se terminaría a tiempose lo aseguramos or se lo garantizamosde eso puede estar usted tranquiloExample sentences
- Safety assurances cannot be guaranteed because there is always a first time for incidents to happen.
- Oral guarantees or assurances are worthless should a dispute arise in the future.
- Some analysts and Western diplomats, however, are skeptical of their assurances.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (self-confidence)2.2 (certainty)seguridad (feminine) en sí mismoExample sentences
- He belonged to a unique generation of Irish people whose strength and assurance lay in their ability to think for themselves.
- He was in determined mood and quickly established dominance of his area, however, despatching Salford shots with a confidence and assurance which belied his inexperience.
- He has also got organisational capabilities, he is a winner and he oozes confidence and assurance.
- And it's a wonderful thing to have that kind of peace and assurance and joy and certainty.
- I sometimes look with envy on those whose faith brings comfort and assurance.
- On the one hand, I wish I had this woman's faith, her assurance about good and evil, about the way things will turn out.
- 3 uncountable (insurance)(British English)Example sentences
- Following a slow start to the year, recruitment levels in the insurance, assurance and reinsurance industries have picked up significantly this month.
- Most lenders require mortgage holders to take out term assurance policies - a simple form of life insurance which pays off the mortgage debt if the holder dies.
- Anyone who is self-employed or not a member of a company pension scheme can buy life assurance protection via a personal pension assurance policy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.